Football Recruits - 2019

wiu712

Football Signing Day to be Live Streamed.

Western Illinois head football coach Jared Elliott will unveil the team's full recruiting class Wednesday, Feb. 6, live on Facebook and Twitter. The 2019 Signing Day Show is scheduled to start at 8 a.m., and will announce the Leathernecks' early commits while also tracking NLIs for the regular signing period.

The show will air three segments – 8 a.m., 10 a.m., and 12 p.m. – with interviews from Elliott and members of his coaching staff, before wrapping the day with a press conference at 3 p.m.

Live Stream Schedule (Facebook, Twitter):
Opening Remarks / Recap of the Early Signing Period - 8 a.m.
Signing Day Announcements - 10 a.m.
Signing Day Announcements - 12 p.m.
Press Conference (all media invited to attend) - 3 p.m.
WIU2DC

Just looking over the recruiting page and our roster from last year and we will only have 2 QBs on our depth chart if we don’t sign one this year? Or am I mistaken? Because if I’m right, it would be nice if we got at least one in this class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GV Dad

A couple Big Time gets from Texas! Great job Coach Rocco!
WIU2DC

Both of them have committed!

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote:Image

Both of them have committed!

That's huge. They both had quite a few offers from solid FCS programs: William & Mary, McNeese State, etc. Had strong interest from SMU and FAU. I think we were the first to offer both of them and we'd been recruiting them both for a while.

I do agree that we need to see about signing a QB. I think we're good for the next couple of years, but after that I don't know.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

One of them (not sure which one) you have listed as WR/QB. I would kinda love a brother QB, WR duo we could have for four years! Our incoming offense player (o-line included) seem to have a lot of promise! I can’t wait for Tuesday!

GV Dad

Wednesday is definitely shaping up to be better than we thought. I really wanted an impact QB in this class, and baring anything sudden and unexpected it doesn't look like we are going to get that. We do have commits from some solid playmakers and a couple impact OL. Not excited right now about our Defense commits, but a lot could change in 3 days. Keep your eyes on Twitter!! #Neckup!!!
leatherneckcountry

Lawson Aiken a DE/FB from Brownsburg Indiana.
sealhall74

Question maybe someone can answer because I don't follow that much HS football anymore. Do most kids at the largest class schools play just offense OR defense or do some go both ways? I went to a very small HS and the good athletes played both sides of ball plus special teams. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
xman

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:57 pm Question maybe someone can answer because I don't follow that much HS football anymore. Do most kids at the largest class schools play just offense OR defense or do some go both ways? I went to a very small HS and the good athletes played both sides of ball plus special teams. :lol:
I would say "most" only play on one side of the ball, but its not uncommon to see a kid get used on both.