Football Recruits - 2019

leatherneckcountry

So how many years of eligibility does he have
letsgonecks

Prep school doesn't count towards your eligibility, so he'll be just like a freshman. Could play in 4 games and red-shirt and still have 4 years left or come in and win a spot and just play the 4 years.

Really liked his film. Film obviously shows you at your best and not sure how tough the prep competition was, but he looked like he had a good arm and was able to make plays with his feet.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yeah, should be fine. Redshirt him his freshman year, bringing him in sparingly if we need to or if we're in a position where we can afford a few minor mistakes by a young QB. His first real year of eligibility will likely be Sampson's senior season, so he can be ready to compete for the starting spot his sophomore year.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

I have no clue what the competition level was in his film. May try to dig up some HS HUDL highlights. Kid is VERY raw. Mechanics are not there yet. But, he looks very athletic and seems to be able to make all the throws. Glad we got another QB on the roster. Hard to have a summer camp with 2 guys. Not sure what they are going to do this Spring.
letsgonecks

GV Dad wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:03 pm I have no clue what the competition level was in his film. May try to dig up some HS HUDL highlights. Kid is VERY raw. Mechanics are not there yet. But, he looks very athletic and seems to be able to make all the throws. Glad we got another QB on the roster. Hard to have a summer camp with 2 guys. Not sure what they are going to do this Spring.
4 years and 30 pounds ago Drake was a Freshman QB at East Tennessee State. Other HS QBs I can think of are Ratkovich who was more of a runner and TE Karsjen who I don't think threw to many passes either. So unless we have someone on campus already to walk-on or a position player who could somewhat efficiently make a short term switch, we're looking at 2 spring QBs.
GV Dad

letsgonecks wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:51 pm
GV Dad wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:03 pm I have no clue what the competition level was in his film. May try to dig up some HS HUDL highlights. Kid is VERY raw. Mechanics are not there yet. But, he looks very athletic and seems to be able to make all the throws. Glad we got another QB on the roster. Hard to have a summer camp with 2 guys. Not sure what they are going to do this Spring.
4 years and 30 pounds ago Drake was a Freshman QB at East Tennessee State. Other HS QBs I can think of are Ratkovich who was more of a runner and TE Karsjen who I don't think threw to many passes either. So unless we have someone on campus already to walk-on or a position player who could somewhat efficiently make a short term switch, we're looking at 2 spring QBs.
I'm going to come out of retirement and throw DB drills! LOL
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just putting this here so I remember to update the spreadsheet with his info later on when I get a chance (and so you guys can check it out too):
https://www.nwherald.com/2019/03/10/hig ... n/ankvfa2/
Mike Kaufman, preferred walk-on OLB from Richmond-Burton HS in Richmond, IL (far northwest corner of Chicago suburbs...out past McHenry and Fox Lake, almost to Wisconsin).
6' 1", 190lbs
CRS Neck

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:04 pm Just putting this here so I remember to update the spreadsheet with his info later on when I get a chance (and so you guys can check it out too):
https://www.nwherald.com/2019/03/10/hig ... n/ankvfa2/
Mike Kaufman, preferred walk-on OLB from Richmond-Burton HS in Richmond, IL (far northwest corner on f Chicago suburbs...out past McHenry and Fox Lake, almost to Wisconsin).
6' 1", 190lbs
Scott, what’s with the new Avatar pic dude? You look like you want to rip someone’s head off? 😂
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

CRS Neck wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:48 pm Scott, what’s with the new Avatar pic dude? You look like you want to rip someone’s head off? 😂
Just your standard no-expression selfie photo. New one better?
GV Dad

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:02 pm
CRS Neck wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:48 pm Scott, what’s with the new Avatar pic dude? You look like you want to rip someone’s head off? 😂
Just your standard no-expression selfie photo. New one better?
There's the Scott we all know and love! LOL