Football Recruits - 2019

WIU2DC

I’m excited for the depth at DB this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:

That’s awesome! I’m counting two years of eligibility?

GV Dad

He's a Qualifier, which means he had grades from HS, just chose the JUCO route. So he is a 4 to play 3 guy. He'll redshirt this year, then likely back up Connor in 2020. Then it's his team in '21 and '22. We are set at QB the next 4 seasons, this was a HUGE get. This kid reminds me a lot of Chase Daniel in his time at Mizzou. He's like a point guard on the football field. Incredibly accurate. If you guys haven't, go watch his Hudl. Hard to believe he was still available!?
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:He's a Qualifier, which means he had grades from HS, just chose the JUCO route. So he is a 4 to play 3 guy. He'll redshirt this year, then likely back up Connor in 2020. Then it's his team in '21 and '22. We are set at QB the next 4 seasons, this was a HUGE get. This kid reminds me a lot of Chase Daniel in his time at Mizzou. He's like a point guard on the football field. Incredibly accurate. If you guys haven't, go watch his Hudl. Hard to believe he was still available!?

What do you mean he’s a “qualifier”? If he played at a JUCO how can we have him for 4? (3 with RS)

leatherneckcountry

WIU2DC wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:57 am
GV Dad wrote:He's a Qualifier, which means he had grades from HS, just chose the JUCO route. So he is a 4 to play 3 guy. He'll redshirt this year, then likely back up Connor in 2020. Then it's his team in '21 and '22. We are set at QB the next 4 seasons, this was a HUGE get. This kid reminds me a lot of Chase Daniel in his time at Mizzou. He's like a point guard on the football field. Incredibly accurate. If you guys haven't, go watch his Hudl. Hard to believe he was still available!?

What do you mean he’s a “qualifier”? If he played at a JUCO how can we have him for 4? (3 with RS)

It basically means he could leave juco after one year and he has basically 4 years to play 3 years similar to a high school recruit has 5 years to play 4years
WIU2DC

leatherneckcountry wrote:

It basically means he could leave juco after one year and he has basically 4 years to play 3 years similar to a high school recruit has 5 years to play 4years
Ohh, I got you now. If he was a JUCO that didn’t qualify with grades till after his sophomore year he’d have 1 (RS) and 2 years of playing time left, then?

GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:24 am
leatherneckcountry wrote:

Ohh, I got you now. If he was a JUCO that didn’t qualify with grades till after his sophomore year he’d have 1 (RS) and 2 years of playing time left, then?

There is a core group of classes that anyone wanting to play Sports at a 4 year NCAA institution must complete with a satisfactory grade in HS. This is know as "passing the NCAA Clearinghouse". If they do not, they must complete an associates degree from an accredited JUCO in order to be eligible to transfer and play at a 4 yr school. If you do have passing grades in those classes when you graduate HS, and still choose to go to a JUCO, you are considered a "qualifier", and can leave at any time to transfer to a 4 year school. You do not have to have the Assoc degree.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:30 pm Kendon Walker tweeted on March 26th he has signed with WIU. Looks like he’s a JUCO RB,WR from Arizona Western and his Twitter bio says he runs a 4.3 40.

He also had an offer from FBS Southern Miss, so that's pretty awesome.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:30 pm Kendon Walker tweeted on March 26th he has signed with WIU. Looks like he’s a JUCO RB,WR from Arizona Western and his Twitter bio says he runs a 4.3 40.

He also had an offer from FBS Southern Miss, so that's pretty awesome.

I’m really liking all these offseason moves the coaching staff has made. A great freshman class and then JUCO or graduate transfers to help fill spots with experience. I’m excited as hell for this season. Hopefully soon, someone or the team can release a break down of players in each position for this upcoming season. (Just a list, not the starters or what not)