Football Recruits - 2019

FMP

WIU2DC wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:18 pm
ST_Lawson wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:30 pm Kendon Walker tweeted on March 26th he has signed with WIU. Looks like he’s a JUCO RB,WR from Arizona Western and his Twitter bio says he runs a 4.3 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He also had an offer from FBS Southern Miss, so that's pretty awesome.

I’m really liking all these offseason moves the coaching staff has made. A great freshman class and then JUCO or graduate transfers to help fill spots with experience. I’m excited as hell for this season. Hopefully soon, someone or the team can release a break down of players in each position for this upcoming season. (Just a list, not the starters or what not)

Agreed! I really wish we could get more news from the team.
GV Dad

Not sure how I feel about this pickup. Transferring from a lower level D2 program after his R-Fr year. So, he'll sit out 2019, and compete for a spot in 2020 and 2021. His film looks OK, but vs questionable competition. Doesn't really fit a need. I guess we should just trust the Coaches in their evaluation.
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:

Not sure how I feel about this pickup. Transferring from a lower level D2 program after his R-Fr year. So, he'll sit out 2019, and compete for a spot in 2020 and 2021. His film looks OK, but vs questionable competition. Doesn't really fit a need. I guess we should just trust the Coaches in their evaluation.

He’s 6’5 343, maybe they are thinking a year of D1 coaches can get his skill and size to be able to play with D1 talent? Also, his Twitter makes it seem like he had some interest (but no offers from other FBS schools). At the same time, can we ever have too many linemen?

GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:38 pm
GV Dad wrote:

He’s 6’5 343, maybe they are thinking a year of D1 coaches can get his skill and size to be able to play with D1 talent? Also, his Twitter makes it seem like he had some interest (but no offers from other FBS schools). At the same time, can we ever have too many linemen?

Maybe so, like I said, we need to trust the coaches. I do think, with only 63 scholarships, yes, you can definitely have too many lineman. Especially when they have to sit a year. That being said, we don't know what his offer was. Could have been a PWO. We still need at least 1 DL for this season. From what I understand, we are in on a couple good ones.
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:
GV Dad wrote:

Maybe so, like I said, we need to trust the coaches. I do think, with only 63 scholarships, yes, you can definitely have too many lineman. Especially when they have to sit a year. That being said, we don't know what his offer was. Could have been a PWO. We still need at least 1 DL for this season. From what I understand, we are in on a couple good ones.
Is it within the NCAA rules for Khalen to talk to some of them? (I have no clue what the rules are for recruiting and the lines of said rules.) but, regardless hopefully having a DL get drafted in the 3rd round will give us some looks from some players.

GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:45 pm
GV Dad wrote:

Is it within the NCAA rules for Khalen to talk to some of them? Image

As long as he doesn't use any of that $900,000 signing bonus :D
GV Dad

Hopefully this kid comes in, gets in shape, and is just a road grader in a year!
letsgonecks

GV Dad wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:11 pm

I get where you're coming from, but K-State probably asked the same thing when they brought in Nick Kaltmayer from WIU (yeah a top FCS conference, but lower level to power 5) and he'll be starting at tackle. Like Kaltmayer, Myron Cunningham wasn't highly recruited out of high school and he has a shot at starting tackle with Arkansas. Medaris will start and be Cincinnati's top returning receiver option and Gavin Everett should start at DE for the second straight year with Indiana.

Man 2015 recruiting class was solid: McShane, Fitz, Norris, Carrera, Moon, Baxter, Wagner, Kaltmayer, Medaris, Everett, Glisan
GV Dad

Hey, I’m hoping this turns out to be a great story! I’m a fan of anyone with the W on their hat.
GV Dad

We desperately need at least 1 more DL. We are really thin there. We have some offers out that I think are still an option. Fingers crossed!