Football Recruits - 2019

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

If you go back further you have Larry Garron and Leroy Jackson (http://www.chicagonow.com/prairie-state ... ks-career/). I'm sure there were others, but records are "spotty" prior to the late '70s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

I wonder if coach will look to add a transfer quarterback to the roster. A)Might find better than what we have B) It creates competition C) Gives us a solid back up be it the new guy or Sampson.

Too bad things transpired the way they did throughout this season. Western had plenty of talent. Montana State USD and ISUb were all games that should have been won average loss of the three is 3 points. The schedule next year is somewhat easier but we lose a lot of personnel.
GV Dad

Tryvis Ously decommitted last week.
GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:36 pm What does everyone think we should focus on this recruiting season?

Personally, LB, DB, DL, WR,RB, and never hurts to have OL.

Definitely do not need LBs. We took 5 exceptional ones in the 2018 class. We really need a couple Fresh QBs. Can never have enough DTs. Also lost 1 CB out of the 2018 class already, and another may be moving positions, so CBs should be a priority. So I will say focus on these spots in this order of priority. QB, DT, CB, WR. And always with every class find athletes. If a kid run a sub 4.5 and plays other sports, he's worth an offer. If nothing else, special teams.
meganeck

GV Dad wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:08 am
WIU2DC wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:36 pm What does everyone think we should focus on this recruiting season?

Definitely do not need LBs. We took 5 exceptional ones in the 2018 class. We really need a couple Fresh QBs. Can never have enough DTs. Also lost 1 CB out of the 2018 class already, and another may be moving positions, so CBs should be a priority. So I will say focus on these spots in this order of priority. QB, DT, CB, WR. And always with every class find athletes. If a kid run a sub 4.5 and plays other sports, he's worth an offer. If nothing else, special teams.
Yes definitely need a freshman QB... and I still say need some RBs
GV Dad

meganeck wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:44 am

There may be a Spring surprise that will make you feel better about or RB situation. ;) But, I do agree RBs and LBs are never wasted offers. If they can't crack the 2 deep, they can almost always be special teams contributors
meganeck

GV Dad wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:12 am
meganeck wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:44 am

There may be a Spring surprise that will make you feel better about or RB situation. ;) But, I do agree RBs and LBs are never wasted offers. If they can't crack the 2 deep, they can almost always be special teams contributors
I like Spring surprises, thanks for the heads up :)
meganeck

WIU received a commitment from Damon Bonds, a JUCO RB from Fort Scott Community College
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just FYI, went through and updated all the kids who we'd offered prior to this most recent "push". Bunch of commits elsewhere...mostly FBS schools...can't really be upset when you take some early chances on kids and they end up going with Iowa, Wisconsin, or Michigan State. I filtered out the ones who have verbally committed elsewhere, so if you go to the list now, it's kids who haven't posted any verbal commitments on twitter yet or who have verbally said they're committed to Western. I didn't get all the offers updated though, so some of them probably have some newer offers that aren't listed on the spreadsheet currently.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Don't know if this is an official commitment, but this kid is a DB from Georgia Southern...