Football Recruits - 2019

sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:25 am Jordan Schippers, 6' 1" 190lb WR/RB from Colby, KS

Kansas Class 3A 200 meter sprint champion last year. His time would have been about 10th best in the top 6A class results. Not too shabby for a Junior.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:06 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:25 am Jordan Schippers, 6' 1" 190lb WR/RB from Colby, KS

Kansas Class 3A 200 meter sprint champion last year. His time would have been about 10th best in the top 6A class results. Not too shabby for a Junior.
Caught my eye as well. Crossed checked it with some of WIU's current track runners and his 200 time is better than most bests. Won't ever run 218 yards on a play, but shows he has lots speed and can continue it for long distances.

Noticed Lesure was on the roster for sprints and jumps. He's got some hops!!!!!
GV Dad

He trained with Jake Sharp, former KU RB during the Orange Bowl era. Kid can scoot. Interested to see where they play him. Maybe the next Ratkovich!
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:He trained with Jake Sharp, former KU RB during the Orange Bowl era. Kid can scoot. Interested to see where they play him. Maybe the next Ratkovich!

I see everyone is super excited for this kid but I can’t find any other FCS or FBS offers to him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sealhall74

WIU2DC wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:17 pm
GV Dad wrote:He trained with Jake Sharp, former KU RB during the Orange Bowl era. Kid can scoot. Interested to see where they play him. Maybe the next Ratkovich!

I see everyone is super excited for this kid but I can’t find any other FCS or FBS offers to him?

Colby HS has an enrollment of about 300, maybe half of Macomb HS. Tough to draw big-time attention at that level.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

sealhall74 wrote:

Colby HS has an enrollment of about 300, maybe half of Macomb HS. Tough to draw big-time attention at that level.

Ah, I did not know that and makes sense. I did see he got offers from D2 and D3 schools so was curious.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:

Ah, I did not know that and makes sense. I did see he got offers from D2 and D3 schools so was curious.

Colby is pretty much a wide spot in the road along I-70. We usually stay there overnight on the way to or from Colorado, but other than a few hotels, there's not a ton there.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

I like these kind of kids! Power and speed are what we need! Happy with this commitment. ;) jc
GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:35 pm
sealhall74 wrote:

It's a legit concern. As was stated, Colby i small. Also, very rural, in a part of KS where you either go to K State or D2. I'm actually pretty shocked WIU found him. Also, how is he going to produce at the next level? It's not like he has played a high level of competition. I think this is the type of kid we need to find, and develop, at Western. We aren't going to win many recruiting battles vs NDSU, South Dakota, UNI, etc. We don't have the toys right now that other schools have. Hopefully soon!
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:35 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Colby HS has an enrollment of about 300, maybe half of Macomb HS. Tough to draw big-time attention at that level.

It's a legit concern. As was stated, Colby i small. Also, very rural, in a part of KS where you either go to K State or D2. I'm actually pretty shocked WIU found him. Also, how is he going to produce at the next level? It's not like he has played a high level of competition. I think this is the type of kid we need to find, and develop, at Western. We aren't going to win many recruiting battles vs NDSU, South Dakota, UNI, etc. We don't have the toys right now that other schools have. Hopefully soon!
Agree on your point, and he may not be able to produce this upcoming season but hopefully our D1 coaches get him up to D1 style of play.