Football Recruits - 2019

WIU2DC

leatherneckcountry wrote:
Leatherneck57 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:52 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:01 pm I'm not trying to take away that you always need Lineman it just concerns me that we have several holes going into next year that haven't been addressed. We didn't sign a RB or a QB to big weaknesses also no Db's or even a kicker. I've already accept that next year is a rebuild year. I'm personally not a big fan of a lot of transfers. I just don't want it to get like the basketball situation were we are the laughing stock of the league every year.
We did sign 2 transfer corners like I mentioned earlier but I believe a lot of those concerns will be addressed this next go around.
Sorry I’m just not a patient person just was super excited about today and just fill a little down that we didn’t get to celebrate the new recruits. But I trust coach Elliot and the rest of the staff will get WIU back into the playoffs
I am in agreement with you but I was really looking forward to watching all of our recruits high light videos today at work. Ugh, guess I’ll actually have to work tonight. Thanks, coach. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WIU2DC

I’m hopeful that recruiting goes well this season and the transfers are immediate in helping us win on the field. We have 4 out of conference games next year and they’re all winnable. 4-0 could be obtainable going into MVFC play.

leatherneckcountry

GV Dad wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:55 pm

BIG TIME GET! Offers from SDSU, USD and North Dakota. This class has a chance to be legendary!
Looks like he committed to UND
WIU2DC

BIG TIME GET! Offers from SDSU, USD and North Dakota. This class has a chance to be legendary!

It showing that the tweet was deleted? What player was this tweet for?

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:49 am

Luke Skokna
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:49 am
leatherneckcountry wrote: Looks like he committed to UND

Luke Skokna

Recommitting... was he committed there, then to us, and then back to UND?

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:53 am Recommitting... was he committed there, then to us, and then back to UND?

Committed to WIU, de-committed and re-committed to UND in late November. Signed with UND yesterday.
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:53 am Recommitting... was he committed there, then to us, and then back to UND?

Committed to WIU, de-committed and re-committed to UND in late November. Signed with UND yesterday.

Ahhh, well I’d be curious to know why he’d pick UND over us. Mr. Lawson, with WIU not releasing their numbers from yesterday do you have a rough estimate of how many we signed though?

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:57 am Ahhh, well I’d be curious to know why he’d pick UND over us. Mr. Lawson, with WIU not releasing their numbers from yesterday do you have a rough estimate of how many we signed though?

I don't really know anything about why he decided to head north. As for us, we have officially signed (as near as I can tell):
Ty O'Janovac - O-Line
Colton Folliard - LB
Josiah Rowland - O-Line
Brian Woodard - O-Line (transfer from Moorpark College in CA)
Christian Williams - O-Line (transfer from Scottsdale CC)
Bryce Cross - DB (transfer from Georgia Southern)
Keshawn Newkirk-Canady - DB (transfer from ECU)

There's also a couple of guys that at last check have verbally committed to us and their twitter accounts don't say anything about going elsewhere, and quite a few guys we have offers out on who haven't said anything really.
meganeck

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:40 pm My two cents regarding JUCO recruits, based on what I have seen happen on the hardwood, is simple. Never recruit one unless they are a starter or at least the first one off the bench. Otherwise, you ain't getting much bang for the buck.
I agree with this for all sports, but it seems like every year Billy recruits a JUCO guy and then they don't play, happening again this year. Sorry, I know this is a football thread, but this irks me.