Football Recruits - 2019

User avatar
ST_Lawson
Site Admin
Posts: 5272
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 pm
Location: Macomb, IL
Contact:

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:14 am

You can see a full list of guys who have officially signed so far here: https://goleathernecks.com/signingday/f ... ootball/6/

A little more than half (of the ones who are listed so far) are early signees, so no big surprises there.
Justin Wallace is one that I didn't have on my list though: https://goleathernecks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=17337
He's a "today" signee, a 5'6" 225lb TE from Albion, IL

My schedule has been thrown off by kids being off school today, so I'll work on getting some other info on here later when I get a chance.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:52 pm

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:20 am

ST_Lawson wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:14 am
You can see a full list of guys who have officially signed so far here: https://goleathernecks.com/signingday/f ... ootball/6/

A little more than half (of the ones who are listed so far) are early signees, so no big surprises there.
Justin Wallace is one that I didn't have on my list though: https://goleathernecks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=17337
He's a "today" signee, a 5'6" 225lb TE from Albion, IL

My schedule has been thrown off by kids being off school today, so I'll work on getting some other info on here later when I get a chance.
You don't see many 5'6" TEs in D1 :-)
leatherneckcountry
Posts: 926
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:23 am

GV Dad wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:20 am
ST_Lawson wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:14 am
You can see a full list of guys who have officially signed so far here: https://goleathernecks.com/signingday/f ... ootball/6/

A little more than half (of the ones who are listed so far) are early signees, so no big surprises there.
Justin Wallace is one that I didn't have on my list though: https://goleathernecks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=17337
He's a "today" signee, a 5'6" 225lb TE from Albion, IL

My schedule has been thrown off by kids being off school today, so I'll work on getting some other info on here later when I get a chance.
You don't see many 5'6" TEs in D1 :-)
I think its supposed to be 6'5
User avatar
ST_Lawson
Site Admin
Posts: 5272
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 pm
Location: Macomb, IL
Contact:

Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:11 am

leatherneckcountry wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:23 am
GV Dad wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:20 am
You don't see many 5'6" TEs in D1 :-)
I think its supposed to be 6'5
Yes, that...what he said. I was in a rush to get something posted before I headed in to work. He's 6' 5"....not 5' 6". That can work for a RB, but generally not so much at the TE position.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:52 pm

Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:31 am

Your sarcasm meters are way off today! LOL
User avatar
Neckfansince71
Posts: 839
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:34 pm

So what do you think? Coach looks fired up but a bit tired. Don't have any problems with the fact that they waited to announce until today! ;) jc
WIU2DC
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:54 pm

I’m excited to see a full listing of all of the kids from the early signing and today to watch their highlights and such. Super excited for those twins from Texas too.

On a sad note, NDSU has a class of 38.... 38! (Including walk ons. Beebe being one of them.)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
ST_Lawson
Site Admin
Posts: 5272
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 pm
Location: Macomb, IL
Contact:

Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm

WIU2DC wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:54 pm
I’m excited to see a full listing of all of the kids from the early signing and today to watch their highlights and such. Super excited for those twins from Texas too.

On a sad note, NDSU has a class of 38.... 38! (Including walk ons. Beebe being one of them.)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good for them...but they can still only have 63 scholarships total and 11 players on the field at one time.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck
Posts: 905
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:23 pm

Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:25 pm

ST_Lawson wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:14 am
You can see a full list of guys who have officially signed so far here: https://goleathernecks.com/signingday/f ... ootball/6/

A little more than half (of the ones who are listed so far) are early signees, so no big surprises there.
Justin Wallace is one that I didn't have on my list though: https://goleathernecks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=17337
He's a "today" signee, a 5'6" 225lb TE from Albion, IL

My schedule has been thrown off by kids being off school today, so I'll work on getting some other info on here later when I get a chance.
Scott, Any surprises, good or bad, from what you can tell. Anybody not sign with us that was expected to?
User avatar
sealhall74
Posts: 3727
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:18 pm
Location: Wherever, Windblows

Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:42 pm

ST_Lawson wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm
WIU2DC wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:54 pm
I’m excited to see a full listing of all of the kids from the early signing and today to watch their highlights and such. Super excited for those twins from Texas too.

On a sad note, NDSU has a class of 38.... 38! (Including walk ons. Beebe being one of them.)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good for them...but they can still only have 63 scholarships total and 11 players on the field at one time.
One thing I have noticed about the Bison is they generally dont go after the 290-300 pound big guys in high school. Their incoming linemen tend to be closer to 250. Probably quickness is what they look for, knowing they can put on the poundage and muscle down the road. If you bring in a 300 pounder, it is going to take a long time on the exercise bike to shed that baby fat before building up.
If Jimmy V was a programmer like me, he would have said it like this: while (!(succeed = try()));
Post Reply