Montana State Game

GV Dad

Is anyone making the trip to Montana State? I've been looking at travel, and man it's a tough place to get too.
sealhall74

I plan on making the trip. Seeing $535 roundtrip fare from east coast with a stop in Denver right now. Might have to jump on that and burn some Marriott Reward points very shortly.

BTW, even the football teams are having difficulty these days getting to where they need to go because airlines are cutting back on charter services. For example, UofI used to fly up to Ames and Madison. Not anymore. Airlines just don't want to tie up their planes for those short charter flights. Get on the bus Gus.
Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

I thought about taking that week off, and making a mini vaca out of it. That's a long drive, but may be kind of nice that time of the year. If you're not worried about making good tie, and just enjoying the scenery.
sealhall74

GV Dad wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:57 pm I thought about taking that week off, and making a mini vaca out of it. That's a long drive, but may be kind of nice that time of the year. If you're not worried about making good tie, and just enjoying the scenery.
I am still debating about how long I want to spend out there. Yellowstone is close, maybe get in some flyfishing. Definitely doing more than just football there.
Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

I may hold off on this one. It will depend a lot on whether my son is traveling with the team. With the new Red shirt rules it's hard to project right now.
Western_101

GV Dad wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:12 pm I may hold off on this one. It will depend a lot on whether my son is traveling with the team. With the new Red shirt rules it's hard to project right now.
GV Dad, that's a tough one.

If I had a son that was talented enough to play D-I ball FCS/FBS either, I would be bursting with pride and want to adopt his team and players. On the other hand Bozeman is a two day drive from KC, that is a REALLY long drive.

conundrum, one could look at it as a once in a lifetime trip? I drove the 26 mile Redington Pass (Northeast of Tucson) a couple months ago and wasn't at all confident that I was going to make it alive, I really got in over my head. It was cool though, lol, not gonna do it again though.
WIU2DC

So as of right now, myself and three friends (not alumni) are looking at flights from DC to Montana. As of now we’ll be in Bozeman Wednesday, Thursday, and then explore the state Friday, Saturday, Sunday and fly home Monday. It’s such a hike that it’s almost a necessity to make it a vacation. Just like we did to South Carolina last year. Just Montana is such a pain to get to from the East coast. I do plan on going to OK State and Colorado State in the coming years too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GV Dad

I will for sure be at Colorado State and OSU. OSU is a pretty easy drive from KC.
WIU11DC

I just posted a message on MSU board for the hope they give me some ideas for being up there. So, anyone interested in the trip just check there for their fans input.

bobcatnation.com
WIU2DC

So we got flights from DC to Salt Lake for under $300. So I will be making this game, does anyone know if the alumni or athletic department always sell tickets for us at away games or only when the alumni association does a tailgate? Amy (I believe that’s her name) is great to deal with but before I annoy her was curious if anyone knew that answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk