Visiting for Montana

sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:47 am
RedNeck wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:29 am The Four-lane expressway between Monmouth and Galesburg will be closed.
The 4-lane Highway 34 between Monmouth and Galesburg is now closed for re-paving. It is due to re-open in late October.

The marked detour will be the old Highway 34 (now marked as Route 164). It is a two-lane road.
Off of 164, if you are really adventurous, you can then take a detour thru Alexis, North Henderson, Rio, and Woodhull to get back on I 74. I highly recommend Jigg's Cardinal Inn in Alexis for a small town drinking pub experience you won't forget. Way before my time, but that building survived a tornado when it was situated a few miles away in Shanghai. They put it one some skids and pulled it into Alexis with a team of horses. Ahh, the good ol' days. Men's softball two nights a week in North Henderson. Win or lose, head to Cotton's Bar outside of Rio after the game. If you were really hungry, you could go to the Woodhull Plaza off 74 or back toward Galesburg to the Kozy Inn on 150. Small town living at its best,
Embrace the pace of the race.
alabamagrizzly

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:29 am
RedNeck wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:29 am The Four-lane expressway between Monmouth and Galesburg will be closed.
The 4-lane Highway 34 between Monmouth and Galesburg is now closed for re-paving. It is due to re-open in late October.

The marked detour will be the old Highway 34 (now marked as Route 164). It is a two-lane road.
Off of 164, if you are really adventurous, you can then take a detour thru Alexis, North Henderson, Rio, and Woodhull to get back on I 74. I highly recommend Jigg's Cardinal Inn in Alexis for a small town drinking pub experience you won't forget. Way before my time, but that building survived a tornado when it was situated a few miles away in Shanghai. They put it one some skids and pulled it into Alexis with a team of horses. Ahh, the good ol' days. Men's softball two nights a week in North Henderson. Win or lose, head to Cotton's Bar outside of Rio after the game. If you were really hungry, you could go to the Woodhull Plaza off 74 or back toward Galesburg to the Kozy Inn on 150. Small town living at its best,
Thanks for the heads up. That’s big time right there. Unless your trying to lure some unsuspecting Griz fan off in to the sticks so I can end up in some real life Childeren of the Corn scene :shock: :D

No really, thanks for the heads up. :)
Western_101

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:29 am

Seal, whatever you say please don't tell him about the cock fights.

Son of a........ :?
Western_101

Apparently I missed my target audience. Eons ago Shanghai City had a reputation that was "colorful"

Anymore, it's disappeared off the face of the Earth.
rocki

Never even heard of the place. Apparently I don't get around enough :lol:
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:59 am Never even heard of the place. Apparently I don't get around enough :lol:
I've lived here my entire life and never heard of it.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Shanghai City is an unincorporated community in Warren County.

Shanghai City is 3 miles east-southeast of Alexis.
leatherneckcountry

Yep lived in Knox county most of my life and never heard of it.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

alabamagrizzly wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:29 pm QB) Our Fr of the Year candidate from last year and a former UNLV transfer will be battling for the starting job. Most fans hope Jensen, the returning starter gets it but the transfer, Sneed, is familiar with the new coaches even though he never played for em. He’s got better running ability but Jensen has the QB tangibles that you just can’t teach a kid.
Jenson is transferring elsewhere: http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i ... 9016285604
Gresch Jensen threw for 2531 yards and put up a 148 efficiency rating as a RS-freshman last season for the Grizzlies and finished third in the Jerry Rice award voting.
[tweet][/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
alabamagrizzly

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:19 pm
alabamagrizzly wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:29 pm QB) Our Fr of the Year candidate from last year and a former UNLV transfer will be battling for the starting job. Most fans hope Jensen, the returning starter gets it but the transfer, Sneed, is familiar with the new coaches even though he never played for em. He’s got better running ability but Jensen has the QB tangibles that you just can’t teach a kid.
Jenson is transferring elsewhere: http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i ... 9016285604
Gresch Jensen threw for 2531 yards and put up a 148 efficiency rating as a RS-freshman last season for the Grizzlies and finished third in the Jerry Rice award voting.
[tweet][/tweet]
Ya, in about a 24 hour period of the news breaking, the thread on eGriz announcing it has reached 400 posts and 5 other threads have spawned totaling about 150 posts. You might say it caught Griz nations attention. :D

I’m disappointed cus I really liked Gresch like most Griz fans but, like most Griz fans, think Coach Hauck and our definite QB1, Dalton Sneed will be ok. Depth is now our biggest concern at QB, a position where we have seen 5 different starting QB’s due to injury over the last 2 years. Currently we only have a RSFr and an incoming true Fr to back up Sneed. There’s rumors though that we’re interested in landing a Wisconsin QB who’s going to be a grad transfer. We’ll see.