Visiting for Montana

Western_101

leatherneckcountry wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:05 pm Yep lived in Knox county most of my life and never heard of it.
/Maps

Well there is nothing left of it now. However it does have a pretty cool ring to the name and at one time a shady history.
Western_101

SealHall, has been conspicuously quiet. Didn't he grow up like a couple miles from where I'm talking about?

By the way what ever became of the situation of the refurbished Peoria fire truck to leave Alexis only to burn up a short distance away on the Interstate?

Seal, share your secrets.
sealhall74

RedNeck wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:30 pm SealHall, has been conspicuously quiet. Didn't he grow up like a couple miles from where I'm talking about?

By the way what ever became of the situation of the refurbished Peoria fire truck to leave Alexis only to burn up a short distance away on the Interstate?

Seal, share your secrets.
I just returned home after basking in the sun (maybe a bit too long) in Palm Springs for the last two weeks. While there, in between taking in the local sights, I did a Netflix binge of Breaking Bad. I could come up with a helluva good sequel to it involving underground cock fights on a property owned by a small fire truck manufacturing company in a small town in Illinois. Of course, the company is only a front for laundering all of that cash they rake in on Friday and Saturday nights. So much cash in fact that they occasionally have to ship it elsewhere, yes in a firetruck, in 55 gallon drums to be buried in a secluded area near Dickson Mounds. On once occasion, that stash of cash was so "hot" it "self-combusted" leading to the destruction of the fire truck.

I forewarned you. I probably got too much sun. ;)

Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

I am going to reuse this thread for our game at Montana State. I am planning on doing it but have not made any arrangements yet. Thinking about a couple of options. One, fly in to Salt Lake City and spend most of my time other than the day or two around our game in Bozeman in nearby Park City. This is the less adventurous opton. Option two has a lot of reward and risk as well as a big dependency associated with it. I am taking the motorcycle safety course here in VA in a couple of weeks. Note: I took the course several years ago and failed it. But fingers crossed, if I pass the course this time and get my license, then option 2 just might kick in. Here are a couple of tour route options.

https://www.eaglerider.com/self-drive-m ... cycle-tour

https://www.eaglerider.com/self-drive-m ... cycle-tour

A stopover in Bozeman for the football game after a few days on a Harley exploring the countryside sounds pretty damn good to me. Anyone else have interest in doing something like this?
alabamagrizzly

It’s game week everyone. Can’t wait to get to town Fri night, eat me a horseshoe and watch some great football Sat. Must admit, I’m pretty worried about the outcome but I’m sure it’ll be a good game either way. That McShane y’all got is the real deal and I was really hoping you’d pull off the upset of Illinois. Now y’all are gonna be playing that much harder on Sat. Can’t wait and Go Griz!
sealhall74

Rockn Pappas in town for your tailgate listening pleasure and some ribs, brisket, et al to chow down on. If the band is good, you can even play groupie for them and follow them down the road for a 9pm show at the Corral in Galesburg. Wish I could be there for this family weekend but at least I do get to do the Bill&Mary one in 3 weeks with my niece and family. We got something to prove on the field this day. Are we contenders or pretenders? Grizzly board seems split about 50-50 as to the outcome. Seems they have some OLine issues as well.

I have not been to the Corral in probably 25 years but here is an interesting review of the Corral from ClubPlanet.com:

Corral - Of the city’s hundreds and hundreds of bars, Corral fits right in the middle of the bell curve – a place to hit with your buddies on the way to your ultimate destination. Not the ideal spot for fabulous, drunken debauchery, but it’s a good as place as any to pre-drink.

https://www.clubplanet.com/Venues/12114 ... urg/Corral

Something sounds a little fishy here. :lol:
alabamagrizzly

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:08 am Grizzly board seems split about 50-50 as to the outcome. Seems they have some OLine issues as well.
O line is definitely a concern, mostly with the run schemes. Our QB’s running ability has padded our stats some but most of that is from scrambling. We had lost a lot due to graduation on the line, then lost a potential starter or two in the off season plus a couple more for depth. We’ve moved some guys around to restock the ranks but then two more went down to injury last week. Not sure if either will play. We may be starting a true Fr against y’all.