Tanney leaving?

MCGrown

Hearing rumors the AD is gone to Wabash? Why would you leave a D-1 school to go to a D-3?
leatherneckcountry

Yeah its in the athletics category.
wiu712

MCGrown wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:01 pm Hearing rumors the AD is gone to Wabash?
It's not a rumor. Here is the discussion: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1673
sealhall74

If we had that "What's New" button on our site like the Jacks do, people would not be left in the dark on topics that are covered in some other category. Actually, we do have exactly that under the "Chat Center" feature but I am sure it does not get much attention aside from football game days. Rename it to "What's New", maybe make it a little more prominent on the page and we should be good to go.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:02 am If we had that "What's New" button on our site like the Jacks do, people would not be left in the dark on topics that are covered in some other category. Actually, we do have exactly that under the "Chat Center" feature but I am sure it does not get much attention aside from football game days. Rename it to "What's New", maybe make it a little more prominent on the page and we should be good to go.
I'll see what I can do. I'm sure it can be done, I just gotta figure out the best place to put it.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST, are we eventually going back to the "cover page" which had news stories, results, etc? I kind of miss that.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

MCGrown wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:01 pm Hearing rumors the AD is gone to Wabash? Why would you leave a D-1 school to go to a D-3?
Sometimes it's not the division level that's important.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 10:31 am ST, are we eventually going back to the "cover page" which had news stories, results, etc? I kind of miss that.
Yes, I want to. I should have more time to work on it once I finish up a thing I'm working on at work. I hope to be done with that this week.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:02 am If we had that "What's New" button on our site like the Jacks do, people would not be left in the dark on topics that are covered in some other category. Actually, we do have exactly that under the "Chat Center" feature but I am sure it does not get much attention aside from football game days. Rename it to "What's New", maybe make it a little more prominent on the page and we should be good to go.
Also just FYI for everyone, we do already have links for things like new posts and stuff. There's a menu in the top right of the page that is called "Quick links".
In it are links for:
Unread Posts - posts you have not read yet
Unanswered Topics - topics that have no replies, just the original post
Active Topics (this one shows up for everyone regardless of if you're logged in or not) - topics where the most recent post is within the last 7 days

There's other useful links there, but those are the ones that'll let you easily see anything new, unread, or recent.