Cosmetic improvements to West side

Western_101

I'm pretty sure we had a sticky for Hanson Field. Not much new on that front, probably didn't deserve priority.

My question is are facilities maintenance planning on doing anything to improve the look of the back side of the West side. Some pressure washing and new paint would help. Also some large banners and Murals could give it a more inviting appearance. I feel like something should be attempted.
rocki

I think the original topic is under the category "Leatherneck Athletics".

Haven't heard anything about any cosmetic improvements or anything. Do we have any funding at all for reconstruction, or is that something they're going to start working on? I know we have the mascot memorial going, and the alumni plaza, but that's all I'm aware of.
wiu712

Lots of peeling paint on the backside of the west stands. At least the row of pine trees does help to minimize that view. But that is the view that fans get when they come into the stadium from the Union.

Hanging some banners would help.

I would like to see some enhancement done to the 1950 Memorial plaque that is on the south end of the west stands.
Western_101

I know it would take man hours.

Is it in the budget to power wash the backside and repaint it with a concrete color paint? I live in a 1961 era home. Original driveway. Looked like garbage. I was able to fill the pits and resurface it. I did that 7 years ago. Yes it needs it again, but that cost me less than $200 at the time. I didn't resurface the back patio but did paint it concrete color It lasts about 3 years and costs 1/3 of resurfacing.

Since the back side of Hanson field isn't getting any auto or foot and chair and broken bottle traffic on it. I might suspect the paint to last much longer. Anyway it sure would look nice for 5-xx years.

Or it can look like it does. I have read on message boards what NDSU fans that traveled thought. It will be interesting to read what Montana fans perspective is.
sealhall74

RedNeck wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:06 am I know it would take man hours.

Is it in the budget to power wash the backside and repaint it with a concrete color paint? I live in a 1961 era home. Original driveway. Looked like garbage. I was able to fill the pits and resurface it. I did that 7 years ago. Yes it needs it again, but that cost me less than $200 at the time. I didn't resurface the back patio but did paint it concrete color It lasts about 3 years and costs 1/3 of resurfacing.

Since the back side of Hanson field isn't getting any auto or foot and chair and broken bottle traffic on it. I might suspect the paint to last much longer. Anyway it sure would look nice for 5-xx years.

Or it can look like it does. I have read on message boards what NDSU fans that traveled thought. It will be interesting to read what Montana fans perspective is.
Man hours OR STUDENT HOURS. If you take it as far as the mural idea, it would make a very nice art department project. I have not paid much attention to what is behind those trees. I assume that once the west side does actually get done, those trees will become saw dust and mulch. If that is indeed the case, why not get a head start and give the students some place to practice their graffiti skills, in good taste of course. The challenge of the art course of course would be to turn that wall into a stimulus for some good conversation as well as a nice back drop for people to use in their selfies and photos. If some kids can earn a few credits making that happen, even better. Any volunteers to show up at the Trustee meeting this week and put the idea on the table?
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

RedNeck wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:06 amI have read on message boards what NDSU fans that traveled thought.
I talked with some South Dakota State fans a few years ago when they were in town for a game. One of them said: "We like the way that you keep your football stadium looking so rustic. It's certainly unique." :lol: