2018 Summer Preview Schedule

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I've done this the last couple of years, so I figure I'd better keep doing it otherwise you might all stop showing up ;)
As usual, I will be going through each position/area on the team each week, talking about the players we have, last year's stats, as well as who I see as likely starters. Our first game of the season is Thursday, August 30th at Montana State, so I'll be posting the info every week on Thursdays up until the week before the first game. Anyway, with that in mind, here's the schedule of posts for the summer:

6/21 - Quarterbacks
6/28 - Running Backs
7/5 - Wide Receivers
7/12 - Tight Ends
7/19 - Offensive Line
7/26 - Defensive Line
8/2 - Linebackers
8/9 - Defensive Backs
8/16 - Special Teams
8/23 - Season Preview

In the past, athletics kept their website pretty up-to-date on players leaving, joining the team, transferring in or out, etc. so we always had an updated (as of that date) roster. They haven't really done that lately (for example, players like Steve McShane and Sean McGuire are still listed as Juniors, and the new signees that will be freshmen this fall are on a separate list) so I may have to adjust the post schedule if I have trouble gathering together the info. Still, I'll do my best. So, look for the first post, discussing who we have at QB, a week from this coming Thursday.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:57 am I've done this the last couple of years, so I figure I'd better keep doing it otherwise you might all stop showing up ;)
As usual, I will be going through each position/area on the team each week, talking about the players we have, last year's stats, as well as who I see as likely starters. Our first game of the season is Thursday, August 30th at Montana State, so I'll be posting the info every week on Thursdays up until the week before the first game. Anyway, with that in mind, here's the schedule of posts for the summer:

6/21 - Quarterbacks
6/28 - Running Backs
7/5 - Wide Receivers
7/12 - Tight Ends
7/19 - Offensive Line
7/26 - Defensive Line
8/2 - Linebackers
8/9 - Defensive Backs
8/16 - Special Teams
8/23 - Season Preview

In the past, athletics kept their website pretty up-to-date on players leaving, joining the team, transferring in or out, etc. so we always had an updated (as of that date) roster. They haven't really done that lately (for example, players like Steve McShane and Sean McGuire are still listed as Juniors, and the new signees that will be freshmen this fall are on a separate list) so I may have to adjust the post schedule if I have trouble gathering together the info. Still, I'll do my best. So, look for the first post, discussing who we have at QB, a week from this coming Thursday.
Thanks Scott! Looking forward to these
Western_101

Very good. You have to feed the beast now Mr. Lawson.

We've come to expect it. :D My PC physician said I need to get more "stats" in my diet.
sealhall74

For what it's worth this early, Ken Massey has us favored in 10 of 11 games right now. Even against Lovie's Losers from out east but lets not get too cocky just yet. :lol:

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=8754&s=300937
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:16 pm For what it's worth this early, Ken Massey has us favored in 10 of 11 games right now. Even against Lovie's Losers from out east but lets not get too cocky just yet. :lol:

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=8754&s=300937
Yeah, nearly every game could be a battle, but on the plus side, there's no game that we're the "cupcake". The game at U of I will probably be like the game against NIU two years ago...we can win it, but it's going to be tough and it'll take everything we've got.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Leatherneck football working toward fall camp.

From today's McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... -fall-camp