WIU-Illinois question

Western_101

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:20 am
dustinthorn93 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:55 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:15 pm Just got my tickets. Section 108, row 6, near the end of the row right across the aisle from the visitor's section. Looks like I'll be about 4 rows in front of you, Dustin.
Awesome! I'm glad we won't be the only ones wearing purple in that section!
Yup. There'll be at least 3 of us wearing purple (myself and my parents). We're also taking my sister-in-law to the game, but I'm not sure what colors she's going to wear. She's from Macomb and her dad's a professor at WIU, but she got her bachelors at U of I and was in the Marching Illini for 4 years. Then again, she also got her MBA from WIU last year, so she'll probably have somewhat split loyalties.
I'm thinking reversible zip up. Illini winning, easy, sport the orange. Western wining, turn it inside out! now you got purple.
dustinthorn93

RedNeck wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:09 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:20 am
dustinthorn93 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:55 am

Awesome! I'm glad we won't be the only ones wearing purple in that section!
Yup. There'll be at least 3 of us wearing purple (myself and my parents). We're also taking my sister-in-law to the game, but I'm not sure what colors she's going to wear. She's from Macomb and her dad's a professor at WIU, but she got her bachelors at U of I and was in the Marching Illini for 4 years. Then again, she also got her MBA from WIU last year, so she'll probably have somewhat split loyalties.
I'm thinking reversible zip up. Illini winning, easy, sport the orange. Western wining, turn it inside out! now you got purple.
I went to the WIU-Iowa State game a few years ago. My in-laws are all Cyclones and my grandmother-in-law had season tickets that she gave us for that game. I wore a yellow WIU long sleeve shirt underneath my Iowa State shirt haha. The guy next to me was talking to my wife and I and I told him we were from Macomb. He said don't cheer TOO loud for WIU and we shouldn't have any problems haha
leatherneckcountry

Just got my ticket section 108 row 11 last seat on the end so I will be super close interesting to see 109 was sold out hopefully that means the purple faithful have bought them all and will have a big crowd in that section
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:31 am Just got my ticket section 108 row 11 last seat on the end so I will be super close interesting to see 109 was sold out hopefully that means the purple faithful have bought them all and will have a big crowd in that section
My guess is that 109 was blocked off for WIU. Like, for the athletics department and for the Alumni Association for their ticket package: http://wiu.edu/wiucalendar/index.sphp?c ... endars[]=2
Usually when it gets closer to the game (like a week or a little less before the game), the visiting school releases remaining tickets back to the host school for them to sell if they want to, like at the gate or whatever. Illinois probably isn't that concerned with it, since I doubt they're going to be selling out our game against them though.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:23 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:31 am Just got my ticket section 108 row 11 last seat on the end so I will be super close interesting to see 109 was sold out hopefully that means the purple faithful have bought them all and will have a big crowd in that section
My guess is that 109 was blocked off for WIU. Like, for the athletics department and for the Alumni Association for their ticket package: http://wiu.edu/wiucalendar/index.sphp?c ... endars[]=2
Usually when it gets closer to the game (like a week or a little less before the game), the visiting school releases remaining tickets back to the host school for them to sell if they want to, like at the gate or whatever. Illinois probably isn't that concerned with it, since I doubt they're going to be selling out our game against them though.
That would have been almost as cheap as just the tickets.
WIU11DC

Illinois fan blog is reporting that a few of their starters are suspended for the first few games and that their CB coach resigned too.
leatherneckcountry

WIU11DC wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:18 pm Illinois fan blog is reporting that a few of their starters are suspended for the first few games and that their CB coach resigned too.
Yeah I read that 8 players would be out and many are starters.
HoosierNeck13

Got my tickets-my friend and I will be in Section 108, Row 9, Seats 18-19. Just ordered through StubHub.