Introduce Yourself

beauspencer

I'm Beau. Was the "Voice of the Leathernecks" from 2011 to 2014, after working at K100 from 2003-2008 and in the Galesburg radio market from 2008-2011. Now I'm out of media and work in the logistics industry in Madison, WI. It worked out well that the first Badgers football game after I moved here was against WIU. That was fun. Also had the fortune to come out of "retirement" and announce the WIU/Wisconsin basketball game in which the Leathernecks pulled off the upset.
GV Dad

beauspencer wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:29 am I'm Beau. Was the "Voice of the Leathernecks" from 2011 to 2014, after working at K100 from 2003-2008 and in the Galesburg radio market from 2008-2011. Now I'm out of media and work in the logistics industry in Madison, WI. It worked out well that the first Badgers football game after I moved here was against WIU. That was fun. Also had the fortune to come out of "retirement" and announce the WIU/Wisconsin basketball game in which the Leathernecks pulled off the upset.
Hope you can get back for a game this year Beau!!
basfan445

Hello everyone! My name is Tanner and I graduated from WIU in 2013. Originally from the small town of Delavan, IL. When I was young the parents got divorced and Mom and I moved to Morton, IL which is right outside of Peoria. I graduated high school in 2009 and went to the local community college for 2 years. During those 2 years I had this fascination with the leatherneck football team and WIU in general. It's weird to describe but I knew I wanted to go there. Prior to that time I've only been to Macomb once when the Rams held a scrimmage there. I vaguely remember the encounter because I was young but it was a good one. Come University choice time I had the decision between WIU and Illinois State. Everyone I knew and their mother was going to ISU and I only knew 2 people going to Western and so I decided why not be different and go to Macomb. From the first day I moved in I loved it. I made so many good memories at Macomb. Unfortunately not many of my campus friends were sports fans so there were times I attended sporting events alone but it didn't really bother me. I only wish I found this forum sooner! After graduating from WIU I enlisted in the Illinois Air Guard out of Peoria. While being a traditional guardsman I worked full time at Maui Jim sunglasses which his headquartered in Peoria. I worked there till this year when I moved and got married. I recently moved to Springfield, IL and married my wonder wife. We got married on June 30th this year. It's been a lot of ups and downs already with me moving and getting adjusted to a new area but I have a great support system around me. Tomorrow is my first day at my new job as well which will be with the Government of Sangamon County. Here is a picture of Rocky and I at one of the basketball games. Miss him and cannot wait to meet Ray!

GV Dad

basfan445 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:02 pm Hello everyone! My name is Tanner and I graduated from WIU in 2013. Originally from the small town of Delavan, IL. When I was young the parents got divorced and Mom and I moved to Morton, IL which is right outside of Peoria. I graduated high school in 2009 and went to the local community college for 2 years. During those 2 years I had this fascination with the leatherneck football team and WIU in general. It's weird to describe but I knew I wanted to go there. Prior to that time I've only been to Macomb once when the Rams held a scrimmage there. I vaguely remember the encounter because I was young but it was a good one. Come University choice time I had the decision between WIU and Illinois State. Everyone I knew and their mother was going to ISU and I only knew 2 people going to Western and so I decided why not be different and go to Macomb. From the first day I moved in I loved it. I made so many good memories at Macomb. Unfortunately not many of my campus friends were sports fans so there were times I attended sporting events alone but it didn't really bother me. I only wish I found this forum sooner! After graduating from WIU I enlisted in the Illinois Air Guard out of Peoria. While being a traditional guardsman I worked full time at Maui Jim sunglasses which his headquartered in Peoria. I worked there till this year when I moved and got married. I recently moved to Springfield, IL and married my wonder wife. We got married on June 30th this year. It's been a lot of ups and downs already with me moving and getting adjusted to a new area but I have a great support system around me. Tomorrow is my first day at my new job as well which will be with the Government of Sangamon County. Here is a picture of Rocky and I at one of the basketball games. Miss him and cannot wait to meet Ray!

Nice to meet you Tanner, and good luck at your new job! NeckUp!!

EllyK

Hello all! I'm Elly. I don't get around to posting much, but I do read a lot here. I love Leatherneck football and watching games with my Dad who is also a Leatherneck ('74). He took me to my first homecoming in 2003.

I was a Marching Leatherneck from 2011-2014 (marched baritone and was drum major senior year). Lived in Tanner, Grote, and Lincoln. Graduated in '15. Went on to Villanova University for graduate school and graduated in May with my master's. Still got into shenanigans in the band at Villanova (played trombone and drum set). Played trombone at the NCAA Men's National Championship game in 2016 (The Kris Jenkins Shot).

I'm currently on the post-grad job hunt, living in the suburbs of Philadelphia. But you'll see me at homecoming getting rowdy with the Alumni band!

Western Illinois University '15
Villanova University '18

Marching Leatherneck 2011-2014
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

EllyK wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:07 amI was a Marching Leatherneck from 2011-2014 (marched baritone and was drum major senior year). Lived in Tanner, Grote, and Lincoln. Graduated in '15. Went on to Villanova University for graduate school and graduated in May with my master's. Still got into shenanigans in the band at Villanova (played trombone and drum set). Played trombone at the NCAA Men's National Championship game in 2016 (The Kris Jenkins Shot).
What an exciting game that was. For those of you who may have missed it or forgotten it, here's the last couple of minutes:
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

What a game that was! Let's Go Nova! :D
Western_101

EllyK wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:07 am Hello all! I'm Elly. I don't get around to posting much, but I do read a lot here. I love Leatherneck football and watching games with my Dad who is also a Leatherneck ('74). He took me to my first homecoming in 2003.

I was a Marching Leatherneck from 2011-2014 (marched baritone and was drum major senior year). Lived in Tanner, Grote, and Lincoln. Graduated in '15. Went on to Villanova University for graduate school and graduated in May with my master's. Still got into shenanigans in the band at Villanova (played trombone and drum set). Played trombone at the NCAA Men's National Championship game in 2016 (The Kris Jenkins Shot).

I'm currently on the post-grad job hunt, living in the suburbs of Philadelphia. But you'll see me at homecoming getting rowdy with the Alumni band!

Nice to meet you Ellyk, you had Lawson at trombone. You had me with Lincoln Hall! You had us by Hello. (I can't believe I typed that, my man card is revoked).