Alcohol Sales at Football Games

Western_101

wiu712 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:55 am Cheers and Beers! ==> WIU to sell alcohol at football games.

From today's Peoria Journal-Star:
http://www.pjstar.com/news/20180822/nic ... ball-games
I read this earlier and debated whether to post/link. This guy is a class "A" grade douche bag.

Western has had 3 winning seasons in a row, plays in a tougher league than the MAC, Sunbelt, and part of C-USA. Sagarin of USAtoday has Western favored to win in 10 of the 11 games.

Peoria beat reporter, so probably a ISU homer, still kinda irked me. :|
wiu712

GV Dad wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:22 amWho is this clown?! Can't wait to hear all these people backtracking when this season is over!
Nick Vlahos has been with the Peoria Journal-Star for over 30 years. He earned a Bachelor's Degree from Bradley and a Master's Degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

RedNeck wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:22 am
I read this earlier and debated whether to post/link. This guy is a class "A" grade douche bag.

Western has had 3 winning seasons in a row, plays in a tougher league than the MAC, Sunbelt, and part of C-USA. Sagarin of USAtoday has Western favored to win in 10 of the 11 games.

Peoria beat reporter, so probably a ISU homer, still kinda irked me. :|
Eh, I don't think he personally has something out for Western. He's far from the only reporter out there predicting we'll be way down this year. The way I figure, he's giving his best estimation based on what he knows. It's not really his job to know all the little details about our team as well as we know them. We know our team better than just about anyone else who isn't directly affiliated with the team (obviously the players and coaches know way more than we do).

So, our guys just have to go out there and prove him wrong.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

wiu712 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:50 pm
GV Dad wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:22 amWho is this clown?! Can't wait to hear all these people backtracking when this season is over!
Nick Vlahos has been with the Peoria Journal-Star for over 30 years. He earned a Bachelor's Degree from Bradley and a Master's Degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
Well that proves it then. If his degree is from Meth U he is a clown.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

A bit more detail from the recent Five Tips (about Tailgating) article posted on the athletics website:
Just before the 2018 season, the University announced a pilot program for alcohol sales at all WIU games this fall. Beer will be sold near the concession stand on the south side of the stadium for $4.

Individuals purchasing alcohol will be required to show identification and will receive a wristband. There will only be one beer sold during each transaction. Alcohol may not be carried into the stadium from outside the stadium gates, nor will it be allowed outside stadium gates after purchase. Alcohol sales begin 90 minutes before kickoff and will end at the conclusion of the third quarter.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:48 pm A bit more detail from the recent Five Tips (about Tailgating) article posted on the athletics website:
Just before the 2018 season, the University announced a pilot program for alcohol sales at all WIU games this fall. Beer will be sold near the concession stand on the south side of the stadium for $4.

Individuals purchasing alcohol will be required to show identification and will receive a wristband. There will only be one beer sold during each transaction. Alcohol may not be carried into the stadium from outside the stadium gates, nor will it be allowed outside stadium gates after purchase. Alcohol sales begin 90 minutes before kickoff and will end at the conclusion of the third quarter.
So I guess this means we can't buy an extra beer for our friend while we get ours. Prob cut down on sales, but will also cut down on underage drinking. Makes since I guess. $4 is a good price though! Hopefully they aren't 10 oz draws! I'll get a ton of steps in! LOL