Looking for new football PA announcer

rocki

This could be interesting. I don't know who's been doing it (and think they've been doing a good job), but I wonder if they could get more interest in football games if they had a student doing it?
sealhall74

Fiiirrrsssttt Dooowwwnnn. Move those chains! How tough can it be? I assume the spotters and stat crew provide real-time input to make the announcers job fairly easy but I might be wrong.
Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

I wasn't thinking of it being really difficult, just that a student could bring a more "OK, I'm one of you" feeling and could relate to different groups on campus. Maybe encouraging dorm floor to out cheer another dorm floor, or get the responsive "purple" and "gold" cheer going.
sealhall74

You could also accomplish that by putting a live mike on the head cheerleader. They would have to work together so the dont stomp on each other though.
Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:53 pm You could also accomplish that by putting a live mike on the head cheerleader. They would have to work together so the dont stomp on each other though.
:roll:
Western_101

Is Gene Honda available? Yes, I know we does Illini, Blackhawks, Soxs, and perhaps Depaul.

Gene Honda will forever be the sound of White Sox baseball.

I Love the throaty rapid fire deep voice, then random long hold on a vowel. Makes all the players sound like all stars. Kinda sounds like a Machine gun then HOLD the vowel and then blast another long held Word.