WIU at Montana State (8/30/2018)

wiu712

Leathernecks open season at physical Montana State.

From the McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... tana-state
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just FYI, I think I'm going to try to hang around the Chat Center (app.php/chat) some this evening during the game. Feel free to join me if you are so inclined.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Bozeman is booming. Population went from 37K eight years ago to probably around 47K today. You can tell they are busting their britches at the seams at all of the stop lights (usually about 10 deep on the major streets). Good mix of new construction surrounding some areas of doublewides. Seen quite a few assumed to be students on bikes, maybe even an ebike or two. Have not sampled much in the way of food and beverage yet but they do have a Firehouse Subs which is my new favorite goto for a quick sub sandwich. McAllisters is pretty close though.

As for the game, we have a relatively young offensive line. How we deal with the first game jitters and the loud crowd in the first quarter will go a long way in determining how it ends. Can't beat ourselves with a bunch of dumb penalties and turnovers. If we can get up a TD or two in the first half, the crowd will become less of a factor. All the media hype talk does not mean diddly-squat starting today.

I will go with Rocky, Ray, and Company in a 31-27 thriller.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

Can it just be 8 already???? Picked up the sportspack on Directv, so have it ready to go on 681-1. A few dollars more for the month than the single game on msu's website, but don't have to stream it through Chromecast and worry about interruptions!!!!!!

Plus, gives you access to those other regional sports channels and can catch other FCS games the next 30 days.
sealhall74

Nice little overcast keeping temps in the 70s right now. If it stays this way, should be ideal tailgating and football weather. Two museums on my schedule, the computer museum and the Rockies one. Both I think are very close to the evening festivities.
Embrace the pace of the race.
DriscollCat

Welcome to Bozeman, those of you who made the trip.

Feel free to come on over to Bobcatnation.com to talk with Cat's fans about this game.

We have a lot of respect for your team, but we are very optimistic about the shape of our team despite the loss of our lightning rod QB (top rusher in our conference, ahead of any RB). Virtually everyone on our board has us winning this one, I think that is optimistic, but probably a much better chance than it looks like on paper. We brought in some DUDES in the off season and optimism around town is as high as it was the year we started the season ranked #1.

This should be a GREAT football game between two underrated teams!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

DriscollCat wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:41 pm This should be a GREAT football game between two underrated teams!
I wholeheartedly second this. We're both picked pretty low in our conferences and think both teams should outperform expectations. It's going to be a tough battle, for sure.
leatherneckcountry

Does anyone know if the game will be shown at Bdubs or sportscorner
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:Does anyone know if the game will be shown at Bdubs or sportscorner
I saw a post on Facebook saying that sports corner will have it on. I don't know about bww, but you could probably call to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jtrinaldi

And here is to hoping that I can find a stream on the east coast