New Helmets

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
dustinthorn93

I think it looks good. I like the W better, but this is cool every now and then. And recruits love anything new so it might help on that front if we have a new look every now and again.
letsgonecks

Should look pretty sweet with white tops and pants.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

All-White for Illinois:

In Purple for home games:
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:33 am All-White for Illinois:

In Purple for home games:
The All-White unis are going to be a horrible mess after this week's game - anyway, I don't think Champaign is getting off any easier than we are with this rain, lol!!!! (They still look sharp, though)
leatherneckcountry

I’m not personally a fan way to much white for me I like the W better
sealhall74

Are the logos painted on or are they just stick-on decals?
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:23 pm Are the logos painted on or are they just stick-on decals?
Decals.

Personally, I liked the block W better, but it's not horrible. I think the hope is that prospective student-athletes like them, so I'm not really the "target market". I'll keep going to games whether they're wearing white with purple Rocky, purple with white block W, gold with weirdly-drawn state of Illinois on them...or whatever.
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:46 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:23 pm Are the logos painted on or are they just stick-on decals?
Decals.

Personally, I liked the block W better, but it's not horrible. I think the hope is that prospective student-athletes like them, so I'm not really the "target market". I'll keep going to games whether they're wearing white with purple Rocky, purple with white block W, gold with weirdly-drawn state of Illinois on them...or whatever.
If they are just decals and can by easily changed from year to year, why not let the entire student body in on the selection process?
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:46 pm
Decals.

Agree my opinion means nothing there not trying to recruit me and I’m not paying for the helmets so my opinion doesn’t mean anything.