WIU vs Youngstown State (9/29/2018)...Homecoming

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: And, on another note, has anyone seen LN57 post lately? He was on the boards a lot last year, but haven't seen much out of him this year.....should we read anything into that?
He's fine, I'm friends with him on Facebook. He's been busy with life stuff lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:17 pm
rocki wrote: And, on another note, has anyone seen LN57 post lately? He was on the boards a lot last year, but haven't seen much out of him this year.....should we read anything into that?
He's fine, I'm friends with him on Facebook. He's been busy with life stuff lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad to hear all is OK with him. Thanks for the update!
BobLovely

Time for my prediction:

Western Illinois 33
Youngstown State 21

Bob
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Going to be kinda chilly tomorrow. ~40 for the morning's 5K, mid-50's at kickoff with a decent chance of rain from 3 to 8 PM. If it is wet and chilly, hopefully the team has some gloves and/or hand warmers...much harder to catch a ball if your hands are cold.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

I think the bad timing of the overcast and chilly wet weather will negatively affect attendance. Can't control the weather.

I would like to give credit to the people that made beer sales inside the confines of Hanson Field possible. That shows me that an effort is being made to entice more people to come to the games. $4 a beer at a sporting event is quite reasonable. The folks that run the Peoria Chiefs upped their beer prices to $7 for a 16oz can. :shock: So yeah, I didn't buy one all season.

So my inlaws are going to watch our son this weekend we're still trying to decide if we want to spend the day driving a 3 hour round trip and sit in the rain for 3 hours. I loved Macomb when I was there. However, its not a destination spot. Aside from the football what else does one do for entertainment?

Western should win this one. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they let this silp away (cough Montana St.).
wiu712

Western Illinois comes off bye ready for MVFC schedule.

From today's McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... c-schedule
Western_101

Looks like the penguins have landed safely in Moline.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA ... /KYNG/KMLI
wiu712

Leathernecks, Penguins meet in MVFC opener.

From today's McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... vfc-opener
meganeck

RedNeck wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:06 am I think the bad timing of the overcast and chilly wet weather will negatively affect attendance. Can't control the weather.

I would like to give credit to the people that made beer sales inside the confines of Hanson Field possible. That shows me that an effort is being made to entice more people to come to the games. $4 a beer at a sporting event is quite reasonable. The folks that run the Peoria Chiefs upped their beer prices to $7 for a 16oz can. :shock: So yeah, I didn't buy one all season.

So my inlaws are going to watch our son this weekend we're still trying to decide if we want to spend the day driving a 3 hour round trip and sit in the rain for 3 hours. I loved Macomb when I was there. However, its not a destination spot. Aside from the football what else does one do for entertainment?

Western should win this one. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they let this silp away (cough Montana St.).
I thought that also, unfortunately the weather will hurt attendance today. Hopefully they can get a running game going today.
rocki

Glad we won, but still looks like a lot of work to be done. What has happened with tackling? Seem to be so many missed ones, or ones poorly executed that won't take down a corn stalk, let alone a running back.