WIU at Illinois State (10/6/2018)

Western_101

When it is Tuesday and I am still pissed off....

Well yeah, what a disgrace.

Fine the Montana State game was pissed away. Ok, one game, no rivalry, not good, but let's recover.

Illinois was a much improved team over last year. We wanted it, but ask Illinois how easy it is to get Big Ten wins on the road.

The Montana win was a story of two bookends. I was impressed how we stole that game from them in the last minutes....very proud of that effort.

Penguins.....I really have no emotional ties to YSU. Bo Pelini isn't a "hot mess" he has created an entirely new category unto himself hint (It ain't good).
So in some depraved way beating YSU gave me more pleasure than I thought it would.

Alas, here we are at 2-3. Six games to play where by we can occur one loss and still be relevant in any conversation be it playoffs....Homes & gardens cooking classes.....whatever.
letsgonecks

Redneck, I too am still replaying the game in my head this morning and I told myself Saturday night it didn't matter and I needed to move on.

It did make it easy to deal with the mess of a Packers game Sunday as I still cared more about the WIU mistakes.

Thinking about Conrady getting just a bit of the edge guy on the blocked extra point.
Us cleanly blocking one of the two punts that seemed to defy physics and sneaking through to pin us deep.
Rat holding on to the first down catch.
Sean not throwing the ball across the field, especially when there was going to be a holding flag anyways.
Tate not getting tripped up.
Watts pushing the tackle into the QB just a bit faster or Wheeler not interfering to give them a first down and eventually scoring to take the lead.

Any one of these could have led to a win, but again might have still lead to us losing.