WIU at Illinois State (10/6/2018)

wiu712

Does anyone know if the radio broadcast of the game came on ???

WJEQ kept repeating that there were "technical difficulties". Don't know if the problem was on the Normal end or on the Beardstown end.

Doesn't look like there is any back-up plan to get the game on the air if there are problems.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:52 am Does anyone know if the radio broadcast of the game came on ???

WJEQ kept repeating that there were "technical difficulties". Don't know if the problem was on the Normal end or on the Beardstown end.

Doesn't look like there is any back-up plan to get the game on the air if there are problems.
WRMS-FM never came to life for me. I guess the backup plan for me could have been the Redbird's WJBC-FM stream if I had been thinking about it but I was spending more time thinking about what our backup plan for the running game was going to be. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

Tere North wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:21 am From watching on TV, 3 things stick out that need to be fixed
1) QB is laser focused on who he wants to through the ball to, might as well just send out 1 receiver
2) RB needs to be running the ball more, the best part of our offense
3) Play calling needs to focus on what works, and that would be the RB, not the QB, and quit with the gimmick. Reverse where runner got the ball ~12 yds behind the line of scrimmage was lucky to get back to the line of scrimmage, should have been tackled for 8yr loss
In the story from the Burlington Hawkeye, the ISU player that had the INT said he saw McGuire's eyes were locked on the receiver the whole way.
I agree they need to find ways to get McShane more touches he is their best offensive player.

I know McGuire is probably one of the 5 best QB's in WIU history but I don't think he is having a great year so far and I know the O-Line is probably part of the reason & no go to receiver doesn't help either, but overall I am disappointed with his play.
vatusay

ISU’s punter had a heck of a game. Don’t understand why Mcshane elected to let a lot of them go. WIU was pinned inside own ten many times. Field position and time of possession won this game for the Redbirds.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

vatusay wrote:ISU’s punter had a heck of a game. Don’t understand why Mcshane elected to let a lot of them go. WIU was pinned inside own ten many times. Field position and time of possession won this game for the Redbirds.
Honestly the returners should have let a few more of them go. They were picking some up that might have gone into the end zone, but only taking them out to the 15 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

There were a bunch of punts that hit at the 30-20 and rolled inside the 10.
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

We do not handle rugby style punters very well. Maybe we need two returners (a short and a deep). You see a lot of team using the rugby punting style. On the artificial turf, the damn ball can bounce forevery.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Football falls short to conference foe.

From today's Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/42290/sports ... rence-foe/
wiu712

Mistakes cost Western in 33-16 loss to Illinois State.

From the McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... nois-state
Western_101

Lots of mistakes,

YSU made plenty of mistakes, however when we got a comfortable lead we nearly let it evaporate "just playing it safe".

Just playing it safe in this league is a one way ticket to the bottom. Foot meet accelerator stomp on it!

G*d D*mn I hate F**king Illinois State. They are a decent team, but, Christ, we beat ourselves.

We will see what Elliot has in store come Saturday. This has all of the makings of a "melee".