Attendance Ideas and Solutions

GV Dad

rocki wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:43 pm Works for me. Just post on here tomorrow and let me know. Also, let me know whether you want to have someone pick them up or leave them at "will call" (and what name to give at the will call gate).
Will do!

If anyone else would like to donate, please let me know. It doesn't have to be 30, the total just has to be over 30. So any amount would help. 10, 20, 50 whatever.
GV Dad

rocki wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:43 pm Works for me. Just post on here tomorrow and let me know. Also, let me know whether you want to have someone pick them up or leave them at "will call" (and what name to give at the will call gate).
No go for the Macomb Band. They didn't think they could get enough kids interested in going. Still trying to brainstorm any other orgs in the area. Hopefully, they do this again next year for a game, if not all, and we'll have some more time to plan.
BobLovely

GV Dad wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:43 am
No go for the Macomb Band. They didn't think they could get enough kids interested in going. Still trying to brainstorm any other orgs in the area. Hopefully, they do this again next year for a game, if not all, and we'll have some more time to plan.
Does Macomb have a Chamber of Commerce?

Bob
sealhall74

Did we get in touch with the Pella and Bower plant managers this week. We could have a pretty good "Yell Off" between the two groups. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

BobLovely wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:47 am
Yes

Does Macomb have a Chamber of Commerce?

Bob
Yes
rocki

OK. I'll just set that amount aside for future use. Wonder if they're doing a special promotion for Senior Day - it's the Saturday before Thanksgiving break, so a lot of students will probably be gone then, as well????
rocki

I think the main problem is the short amount of notice given for this. Possibly if people/businesses had known about this prospect at least a month ago, they could have coordinated a group, or giveaway, or something.
GV Dad

rocki wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:53 am I think the main problem is the short amount of notice given for this. Possibly if people/businesses had known about this prospect at least a month ago, they could have coordinated a group, or giveaway, or something.
Agreed. Love the idea though, and the effort on the part of the Athletic Dept. I think it's a great way to get more people in the stands and gives the team an opportunity to convert those people to fans. It will be successful if they continue with the program moving forward. Like I posted earlier, maybe not $2, but $5 a ticket for groups over 30, $2 for groups over 100 maybe?
GV Dad

When I called an ordered my tickets yesterday morning, the lady said I was the first person to call and order. Hopefully I wasn't the last, and some local groups stepped up and bought some.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:53 am I think the main problem is the short amount of notice given for this. Possibly if people/businesses had known about this prospect at least a month ago, they could have coordinated a group, or giveaway, or something.
Yup. We'll have to try to remember to check in with the athletics department early in the season next year to find out what they might be doing to bring in people and what we can do to help. I'll check to see if they're doing anything the other two home games this year.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000