WIU vs North Dakota State (10/13/2018)

tjbison

wiu712 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:46 am North Dakota State played their first 4 games at home in the Fargo Dome. Their 5th game was played vs Northern Iowa in the UNI-Dome.

Their game here on Saturday will be their first outside game of the season.
and we sometimes play our best ball outside, hoping its that way Saturday :D
letsgonecks

I hope Tate is healthy. I hope Eli Watson who's officially on the 2 deep shows why he was a 3 star in HS. I hope we bust out some trickery on offense. I hope we have plenty of plays where we move Sean out of the pocket on purpose to give him time. I hope lots of stuff as this will be a harder game than IL.

Not that we can't get a W, but it will take a lot going our way.

Lastly, I hope both the OL and DL guys play the best games of their lives!!!!!!
GV Dad

Weatherman is now saying partly Cloudy and 55 for a high on Saturday. Hope this weather holds.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:46 pm Weatherman is now saying partly Cloudy and 55 for a high on Saturday. Hope this weather holds.
I'll take it. I don't think weather will really have any effect on NDSU that it won't have on us too . If anything, rain would have more an effect on us than it would the Bison because they pass a little, but run the ball a lot. That's going to be hard enough to deal with as-is, but if we can't make any passes because the ball is slippery...we'll be seeing a lot of 3-and-outs when we have the ball.

Besides, better weather means we might actually have some fans in the stands. If it's raining, we're not going to get many there.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:01 pm
GV Dad wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:46 pm Weatherman is now saying partly Cloudy and 55 for a high on Saturday. Hope this weather holds.
I'll take it. I don't think weather will really have any effect on NDSU that it won't have on us too . If anything, rain would have more an effect on us than it would the Bison because they pass a little, but run the ball a lot. That's going to be hard enough to deal with as-is, but if we can't make any passes because the ball is slippery...we'll be seeing a lot of 3-and-outs when we have the ball.

Besides, better weather means we might actually have some fans in the stands. If it's raining, we're not going to get many there.
Agreed. I wouldn't mind cold and some wind, as they are used to playing inside. But need to keep it dry.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:05 pm Agreed. I wouldn't mind cold and some wind, as they are used to playing inside. But need to keep it dry.
They play inside, but they have outdoor turf practice fields, and they've had mostly the same weather we've had (but a bit colder). Tomorrow, Fargo is supposed to be a high of 36 with rain/snow/wind. I'd bet that the team spends a decent amount outside practicing in that to get ready for Saturday. NDSU will be ready for whatever mother nature has in store, and I do not want to see what happens when weather shuts down our passing game.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

The Weather Channel forecast for Macomb on Saturday is now saying "Mostly sunny skies. High around 55".

That would be a nice day for the game. Too bad that we are not playing in the afternoon.

The forecast for Saturday night is not looking as good: "Overcast with rain showers. Chance of rain = 60%".

I am not a fan of night games in October.
tjbison

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:24 pm
GV Dad wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:05 pm Agreed. I wouldn't mind cold and some wind, as they are used to playing inside. But need to keep it dry.
They play inside, but they have outdoor turf practice fields, and they've had mostly the same weather we've had (but a bit colder). Tomorrow, Fargo is supposed to be a high of 36 with rain/snow/wind. I'd bet that the team spends a decent amount outside practicing in that to get ready for Saturday. NDSU will be ready for whatever mother nature has in store, and I do not want to see what happens when weather shuts down our passing game.

Correct, have outdoor Turf and Grass Practice fields, been raining non stop for 3 days, system moving thru tonight thats gonna suck, way to damn early for this but your right, they will be outside
Tmelker

Our guys will not back down to NDSU and will hopefully play their first complete game of the year. A win puts this team back on track to be a FCS playoff team. The need to play their best team game. They need to play for each other and get this. NDSU just plays consistent solid football week in and week out, no gimmicks. It will take a full 4 quarters of our best, but I think this team is capable of doing it. Let's go!
sealhall74

My conference rankings based solely on overall stats thru week 6 are below.

Offense needs to get it in gear, to say the least. You don't want to be in the Red Zone of my stat sheet. ;)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ingle=true
Embrace the pace of the race.