WIU vs North Dakota State (10/13/2018)

Lakesbison

hey everyone. lets have a good game

here's Bob Clark's Twitter... looks like he got the luxury suite at macombs hilton hotel..

haha

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:23 am Someone needs to keep an eye out for Bob Clark, the NDSU "Roadwarrior". He has not missed a Bison game (home or away) since 1981, something like 455 games in a row I think. I sat within a first down of him two years ago on the east side but did not chat with him. Probably should have asked him for his autograph at least. Maybe the broadcast crew can track him down and get his permission to show a little love to him with a "welcome" message on the video board. His kind of fandom is unheard of in this day and age. He is a computer guy too I think. ;)

Lakesbison

ndsu has gotten off to 2 bad starts in a row and pulled out wins... they cant afford that 3 weeks in a row, so that's what I'll be watching for early on.

Defense wise NDSU was a seive at UNI in 1st half, hopefully adjustments have been made. #42 Jabril Cox is an All American LB and he was nowhere to be found last week, so look for a bounceback game from him.

offensively it's still ground and pound for NDSU. Easton Stick hasnt had a good passing game yet this year
rocki

I love my Leatherneck football, but I'm not expecting this one to go our way. Defense is pretty good - still have our quirks, but overall they play well. Offense......well, let's say I feel bad for the guys who are seniors this year. I just don't think there's going to be a lot of great production there. Only 1 starter on the O Line played any significant time last year, and while the young guys do show improvement every game, it's been a pretty big jump for them. I'll be happy just to see things keep developing in an upward direction.
sealhall74

I like our chances if the Bison pre-game meal is at Spoonies in London Mills AND everyone on their 2-deep orders and finishes their tenderloin sandwich.

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2018/10/1 ... -illinois/
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

I heard lots of chatter yesterday about the start time for this game. No one was in favor of a night game. People were wondering who set the start time: was it the conference or was it Western ????

If a goal is to attract area out-of-town fans (Quincy, Galesburg, Burlington, etc), a 6PM start is not the way to do it. Games have been running 3 1/2 - 4 hours because of the long "media timeouts". That would make for some late night drives back home.

A shift manager at BWW told me that the best start time for the restaurants in town would be 2PM as the game would be ending approx 5PM -- just in time for something to eat before heading home.
Last edited by wiu712 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rocki

wiu712 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:51 am I heard lots of chatter yesterday about the start time for this game. No one was in favor of a night game. People were wondering who set the start time: was it the conference or was it Western ????

If a goal is to attract area out-of-town fans (Quincy, Galesburg, Burlington, etc), a 6PM start is not the way to do it. Games have been running 3 1/2 - 4 hours because of the long "media timeouts". That would make for some late night drives back home.

A shift manager at BBW told me that the best start time for the restaurants in town would be 2PM as the game would be ending approx 5PM -- just in time for something to eat before heading home.
I don't know who set the time, but if I remember correctly, the last time we played NDSU at home it was also a 6 p.m. start time.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: I don't know who set the time, but if I remember correctly, the last time we played NDSU at home it was also a 6 p.m. start time.
I don't think the NDSU fans like it much either, so idk who's idea it was. I'd much rather be sitting out there from like 1-4 than 6-9. Gonna be a cold evening, especially if we end up with not much to cheer about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:49 pm
rocki wrote: I don't know who set the time, but if I remember correctly, the last time we played NDSU at home it was also a 6 p.m. start time.
I don't think the NDSU fans like it much either, so idk who's idea it was. I'd much rather be sitting out there from like 1-4 than 6-9. Gonna be a cold evening, especially if we end up with not much to cheer about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't have a clue - I just remember watching Sean, Lance, Joey, and crew in a night game we almost won.
sealhall74

Are our Play by Play guys doing the TV broadcast or is it them?
Embrace the pace of the race.
Lakesbison

I think WIU. i havent seen any fargo media guys on twitter saying they were going