Ideas from MO State for Gameday

GV Dad

I thought they had a great idea to get student engagement in game day. They brought students on the field for contests during long media timeouts. One game they had was a football toss, sponsored by a local bank. They had a board on wheels they rolled out in the endzone. It had 3 holes, $100, $150 and $250. The $100 was the largest, and relatively easy to hit. You started with that hole and threw until you hit it. Then you moved to the $150, slightly smaller, until you hit that. Then you would move to the $250 hole, that was very small and difficult. I believe you had like 30 seconds or maybe a minute to make throws into all 3 holes. So a student had the possibility to win $500. Seemed like a good idea. Students all seemed to be into it and cheering for the kid when he threw.
GV Dad

They also allowed you to purchase 2 beers at a time.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I saw that football toss thing over by the end zone on the TV broadcast. Wondered what they were going to do with it.

One thing Diane Cassimire mentioned when I met with her was organizing a punt-pass-kick competition for during games. It'll probably be next season, but stuff like that is a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

I think we need to treat or games like Minor League Baseball games. Take advantage of those long media timeouts with contest and other entertainment. The contests for the students though I think would be huge if you did them right. You would want some to have the participants picked ahead of time, so they could start telling all their friends to come watch them compete. Then you'd want to be picked during the game to to try and drive more attendance for all students. Also, a few contests for locals, and not just kids. Local businesses as well. And by local, within 100 miles of Macomb.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote:I think we need to treat or games like Minor League Baseball games. Take advantage of those long media timeouts with contest and other entertainment.
If you get a chance, check out the Savannah Bananas (Savannah, GA). I think they're a collegiate league team, but they've sold out every home game for like the last 2 years by doing some pretty crazy and fun things with the fans, players, coaches, crew, etc.

https://thesavannahbananas.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

Great website to start with! I also like on the page instead of a "contact us" link, their link says "for questions or to suggest ideas"! That's a great idea!
wiu712

ST_Lawson wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:55 amIf you get a chance, check out the Savannah Bananas (Savannah, GA). I think they're a collegiate league team, but they've sold out every home game for like the last 2 years by doing some pretty crazy and fun things with the fans, players, coaches, crew, etc.
They are a collegiate wood-bat team. Similar to the Quincy Gems, Hannibal Hoots, and Springfield Sliders in this area.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:58 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:55 amIf you get a chance, check out the Savannah Bananas (Savannah, GA). I think they're a collegiate league team, but they've sold out every home game for like the last 2 years by doing some pretty crazy and fun things with the fans, players, coaches, crew, etc.
They are a collegiate wood-bat team. Similar to the Quincy Gems, Hannibal Hoots, and Springfield Sliders in this area.
How many wood-bat teams can take claim to having their own beer? Probably none except for one:

https://servicebrewing.com/beer/savannah-banana-beer/
Embrace the pace of the race.