WIU vs Northern Iowa (10/27/2018)

Western_101

That's awesome. Everything about having Coach P back in that locker room feels so right.
LocalYokelFan

I will tell you what, that was an impressive game by the Leathernecks. The defense has steadily improved all year and forced some very timely turnovers Saturday. I've been worried about the O-Line all year, but it's really been impressive how they too have steadily improved despite their youth and also how Coach Elliot has been able to put the offense in situations to succeed despite a young O-Line.

I'm as excited as I've been since Nielson and Crew left Macomb. Coach Elliot is a rising star and I look forward to taking this thing to the moon with him at the helm. Let's run the table and make a little noise in the playoffs.

Go 'Necks!
WIU2DC

LocalYokelFan wrote:I will tell you what, that was an impressive game by the Leathernecks. The defense has steadily improved all year and forced some very timely turnovers Saturday. I've been worried about the O-Line all year, but it's really been impressive how they too have steadily improved despite their youth and also how Coach Elliot has been able to put the offense in situations to succeed despite a young O-Line.

I'm as excited as I've been since Nielson and Crew left Macomb. Coach Elliot is a rising star and I look forward to taking this thing to the moon with him at the helm. Let's run the table and make a little noise in the playoffs.

Go 'Necks!

Preach!!! Now to win three more games, get into the playoffs, and a decent first round match up! Unless it’s on the west coast, I’ll be there! (If SDSU gets a seed, we will probably feed through them since we didn’t play them this year. Also, getting way ahead of myself too.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
meganeck

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:03 pm
RedNeck wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:00 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:28 pm Someone needs to learn how to count I guarantee you there were more 2832 fans there.
2,832? well shoot. If we're not going to give accurate counts, which seems to be the case this season and last. Then I advocate we go back to the VanAlstein method.
I just emailed the AD I'm so pissed there's no chance in hell that there were only 50 more fans than the NDSU game.
Let us know if you get a response and what they say
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just FYI, I emailed Diane Cassimire about the attendance counting w/ students and stuff. She said that she thought that students were counted but that the ticket office would know better. I'll contact them tomorrow to see what I can find out.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:57 pm Just FYI, I emailed Diane Cassimire about the attendance counting w/ students and stuff. She said that she thought that students were counted but that the ticket office would know better. I'll contact them tomorrow to see what I can find out.
Not a great look when the Interim A.D. doesn't really know where the count is coming from.
wiu712

Leathernecks cruise past UNI Panthers.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/42596/sports ... -panthers/

Leathernecks pound UNI, 37-17.
From the McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... -uni-37-17
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

RedNeck wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:16 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:57 pm Just FYI, I emailed Diane Cassimire about the attendance counting w/ students and stuff. She said that she thought that students were counted but that the ticket office would know better. I'll contact them tomorrow to see what I can find out.
Not a great look when the Interim A.D. doesn't really know where the count is coming from.
She's not the Interim AD. Interim AD is Danielle Surprenant.
Diane Cassimire is the Assistant Athletic Director for External Engagement and Game Operations.
Western_101

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:46 pm
RedNeck wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:16 pm
She's not the Interim AD. Interim AD is Danielle Surprenant.
Diane Cassimire is the Assistant Athletic Director for External Engagement and Game Operations.
My mistake.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Go vote for the play of the week...specifically, the 69-yard bomb to Isaiah Lesure last weekend: https://herosports.com/fcs/football-201 ... eek-9-cici