Purple helmet with our serif block W.
60%
White helmet with an over-sized Rocky
40%

Total votes: 15
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

As prompted by RedNeck's post here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1836

Let me know if there are other options you want to see.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

Thanks, Scott. One of these days I'll trip you up.....well, maybe.
leatherneckcountry

This was easy like I've stated plenty of times I hate the new ones
sealhall74

I am VERY old school and always go KISS (keep it simple stupid). Maybe a stripe down the center but always the player number on the sides of helmet to aid in identification from a profile view. It seems to be working well for the Crimson Tide. If I only get the 2 choices, I will go with the block W.
Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

White is my choice without question. I would love to know who the other 2 votes for white are. I would bet they are newbies like me! :-)
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Personally, I prefer the purple helmet with either the block W or a rocky head for the home uniforms, but I don't have a problem with the white helmet with the white away uniforms. I think I've said before though, it doesn't really matter what I want, it matters what the players and potential recruits want. If they had some horrendously ugly design on the helmets but the kids they're recruiting loved it...go with the ugly design. If it was entirely up to me though...I really like the "old school" block W. It's actually the oldest "logo" we have. It is on the brick "entry gate" at the road in front of Sherman Hall and was put up there a long time ago (I'll have to check the date next time I run past).

If you want to see some of our helmets of the past, you can check the Helmet Project page for MVFC: http://nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/mvfc.htm
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000