WIU at South Dakota (11/10/2018)

Western_101

Go WESTERN beat the fighting "Red Ties".

I'm over Bob's classless move but my opinion of him and how he conducted himself in front of a group of young men is not what I would call a character building moment for Mr. Nielson.

My sentiments I suspect are very closely aligned with Mr. Lawson. Time does a lot of things, in this instance it has not changed my opinion of Coach Nielson.

Whatever, WESTERN will dominate and it will taste so sweet.
wiu712

Versatility, unselfishness key to WIU’s success.
From the McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... us-success
wiu712

Football looks to keep playoff hopes alive.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/42775/sports ... pes-alive/
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

It's game day!

Want to do some predictions?
What do you think...close game, blowout?

I've already said mine:
ST_Lawson wrote:I'm thinking 32-24 for the Leathernecks.
And another question...what's everyone's plans for the day/game. Sitting at home watching the game...listening to our guys on the radio while doing yard work...catching updates on your phone...or are you at the game?

I'll be at home with the game muted on the TV and our radio feed on my phone. I'll probably have another MVFC game playing on the computer and will be in the chat room periodically too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:36 am It's game day!

I've already said mine:

And another question...what's everyone's plans for the day/game. Sitting at home watching the game...listening to our guys on the radio while doing yard work...catching updates on your phone...or are you at the game?

I'll be at home with the game muted on the TV and our radio feed on my phone. I'll probably have another MVFC game playing on the computer and will be in the chat room periodically too.

trust me i want to say we win in a blowout but i don't see it happening 27-21 we win.
Neckfansince71

Well I am going to be wandering around the Christmas Fair in Morris with my wife and my best friend and his wife from high school. Of course I will be carrying my phone. Last week my wife and daughter left me alone at home and they went shopping for baby furniture for our first grandchild. I watched the first half upstairs, then moved downstairs just cause it did not feel right. Hoping for a win no matter what the score! ;) jc
sealhall74

Close game like most of them in the MVFC. We need to avoid the avoidable mistakes like turnovers and penalties. Run first to set up passing situations. Sean needs to be "on" today hitting guys in stride like 2 weeks ago.

31-27 Sourmugs

ST, I am like you. Radio feed for audio with muted and Chromecasted signal to my 32 inch TV. I have an old 42 incher with 720p that is good for watching QVC and the weather channel but not much more than that. Maybe Santa will bring me one of the 50 inch 2160p things for Christmas. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Western heads to South Dakota to keep post-season hopes alive.
From today's McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... opes-alive

South Dakota is advising that they will have a free webcast of the game: https://goyotes.com/watch/?Live=568&type=Live

South Dakota Coyotes facing a Western Illinois team on a roll.
From today's Sioux Falls Argus Leader:
https://www.argusleader.com/story/sport ... 904020002/
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:36 am It's game day!

I've already said mine:

Scott, are you playing in the band today at the basketball games or staying home and watching and/or listening to the football game?

I think it will be a close game and WIU will pull out the victory.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote: Scott, are you playing in the band today at the basketball games or staying home and watching and/or listening to the football game?

I think it will be a close game and WIU will pull out the victory.
I'll be at home watching the football game today, but I'll be checking in on the basketball games during the afternoon. I enjoy basketball, but football is #1 for me and there should be plenty of opportunities for me to play at basketball games but only a few more football games this year (hopefully 4-5 after today though).

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000