WIU at South Dakota (11/10/2018)

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

dustinthorn93 wrote:
letsgonecks wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:26 pm IWU who would be a potential 6 win team, scheduled a game against Iowa State for Dec 1, so they're out.
Incarnate Word and Iowa State both have a caveat on that game. If UIW makes the FCS playoffs, the game is cancelled. If Iowa State makes the Big 12 conference championship game (still a shot, need WVU to lose to OU and they would get in it) and the game is cancelled. Just a heads up!
I wonder if Iowa State ends up with that week open and UIW gets offered a playoff spot, if they could turn it down if the financial payout for playing ISU is higher than what they think the value of playing (and probably losing) a playoff game would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:
dustinthorn93 wrote:
letsgonecks wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:26 pm IWU who would be a potential 6 win team, scheduled a game against Iowa State for Dec 1, so they're out.
Incarnate Word and Iowa State both have a caveat on that game. If UIW makes the FCS playoffs, the game is cancelled. If Iowa State makes the Big 12 conference championship game (still a shot, need WVU to lose to OU and they would get in it) and the game is cancelled. Just a heads up!
I wonder if Iowa State ends up with that week open and UIW gets offered a playoff spot, if they could turn it down if the financial payout for playing ISU is higher than what they think the value of playing (and probably losing) a playoff game would be.

You gotta turn down the money game for the kids. You can’t take the money over the kids being able to play in the playoffs. I’d be upset if WIU did that to our players.

leatherneckcountry

WIU2DC wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:33 am
ST_Lawson wrote:
dustinthorn93 wrote:

You gotta turn down the money game for the kids. You can’t take the money over the kids being able to play in the playoffs. I’d be upset if WIU did that to our players.

If they get in I wouldn’t mind playing them if the players didn’t mind unless that’s to many games for our schedule
sealhall74

Getting in to the playoffs should never be a goal. The goal should be to host three games in the playoffs. The latter one requires you to show up every week, every quarter, and every play during the season.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

The FCS Bracketology Site is predicting that the winner of Saturday's Western vs Indiana State game will play at Southeast Missouri State in a first-round playoff game. The winner of that game would play at South Dakota State in a second-round game.
http://www.nobowls.com/
letsgonecks

dustinthorn93 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:59 pm
Good find. Wonder what the committee will think about them cancelling their game with Northern Alabama to schedule the game with Iowa State? The NA win would lock them in with 7 wins, but rolled the dice, so don't think they should get any exceptions. If we can win Saturday, hopefully they view our wins/schedule a bit ahead of there's and puts us ahead of them.