WIU at South Dakota (11/10/2018)

rocki

Bummer. Sorry the seniors' season won't be extended, but with what we saw today they wouldn't have lasted long anyway. Neither offense nor defense seemed to be clicking today. Such is life.
WIU2DC

rocki wrote:Bummer. Sorry the seniors' season won't be extended, but with what we saw today they wouldn't have lasted long anyway. Neither offense nor defense seemed to be clicking today. Such is life.

Agreed, that if we played like this in any of our games we wouldn’t have a win. But, I did see some other big upsets of bubble teams and Montana is about to be 6-4. So, we absolutely need a win Saturday against ISU(b), a few other bubble teams to lose, and Montana to beat MSU and maybe we get lucky. It’s a long shot but I’d hate to see our Seniors fantastic career come to an end next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I guess there's a slight chance, but we need a lot of things to do our way for it to happen.

Then again, remember the first game McGuire started...against Indiana State...when we thought we were eliminated from the playoffs having only being able to get to 6-5? He beat the Sycamores in OT, then beat SDSU in OT and we became the first 6-5 team to ever win an at-large spot in the playoffs.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:I guess there's a slight chance, but we need a lot of things to do our way for it to happen.

Then again, remember the first game McGuire started...against Indiana State...when we thought we were eliminated from the playoffs having only being able to get to 6-5? He beat the Sycamores in OT, then beat SDSU in OT and becoming the first 6-5 team to ever win an at-large spot in the playoffs.

After a win against Indiana State next week, I believe we’d be #3 in the MVFC with a top 5 SOS. I find it hard to believe they’d leave out #3 of the MVFC and a top 5 SOS. We’d be 6-5 and only one bad loss at USD. Mr. Lawson what I just wrote factual?

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: After a win against Indiana State next week, I believe we’d be #3 in the MVFC with a top 5 SOS. I find it hard to believe they’d leave out #3 of the MVFC and a top 5 SOS. We’d be 6-5 and only one bad loss at USD. Mr. Lawson what I just wrote factual?

Those numbers are all correct, yes. Idk if they'll get us in, but if we beat Indiana State, and if they're going to take any 6-5 team, I do think we probably have the strongest case.

Still, if we win next weekend, I'm still going into Sunday thinking we're not in. Then if it does happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: After a win against Indiana State next week, I believe we’d be #3 in the MVFC with a top 5 SOS. I find it hard to believe they’d leave out #3 of the MVFC and a top 5 SOS. We’d be 6-5 and only one bad loss at USD. Mr. Lawson what I just wrote factual?

Those numbers are all correct, yes. Idk if they'll get us in, but if we beat Indiana State, and if they're going to take any 6-5 team, I do think we probably have the strongest case.

Still, if we win next weekend, I'm still going into Sunday thinking we're not in. Then if it does happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Oh I wouldn’t be watching Sunday with high hopes but I’d still love to sneak in and play a #2 from the SOCON or some other lower tier FCS conference to show that the MVFC just beats up on itself and we are all that good. I do think UNI is out and it’s either ISU(b) (with a win against us) or us at 6-5. I don’t foresee 4 teams from the MVFC getting in this year, just hopefully three. Our game should be the MVFC game of the week too.

leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 pm

There are to many good teams from the CAA for us to get i ad watching us today we don't belong in the playoffs.
WIU2DC

leatherneckcountry wrote:

There are to many good teams from the CAA for us to get i ad watching us today we don't belong in the playoffs.

Oh, by how we played today we do not deserve to play in the postseason but anyone that’s on this board knows that May have been the worst game of football we’ve played in years. I’m hoping we come out Saturday and put a shelling on Indiana state.

sealhall74

WIU2DC wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:01 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote:

Oh, by how we played today we do not deserve to play in the postseason but anyone that’s on this board knows that May have been the worst game of football we’ve played in years. I’m hoping we come out Saturday and put a shelling on Indiana state.

If nothing else, we should just take good notes next week on how to put together a running game. ISUb has not missed a beat since their stud Keys went down.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

South Dakota stops four-game skid with win over Western Illinois.
From the Sioux Falls Argus Leader:
https://www.argusleader.com/story/sport ... 904115002/