WIU at South Dakota (11/10/2018)

rocki
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:08 pm

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:09 pm

Bummer. Sorry the seniors' season won't be extended, but with what we saw today they wouldn't have lasted long anyway. Neither offense nor defense seemed to be clicking today. Such is life.
WIU2DC
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:26 pm

rocki wrote:Bummer. Sorry the seniors' season won't be extended, but with what we saw today they wouldn't have lasted long anyway. Neither offense nor defense seemed to be clicking today. Such is life.

Agreed, that if we played like this in any of our games we wouldn’t have a win. But, I did see some other big upsets of bubble teams and Montana is about to be 6-4. So, we absolutely need a win Saturday against ISU(b), a few other bubble teams to lose, and Montana to beat MSU and maybe we get lucky. It’s a long shot but I’d hate to see our Seniors fantastic career come to an end next week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
ST_Lawson
Site Admin
Posts: 5275
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 pm
Location: Macomb, IL
Contact:

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:42 pm

I guess there's a slight chance, but we need a lot of things to do our way for it to happen.

Then again, remember the first game McGuire started...against Indiana State...when we thought we were eliminated from the playoffs having only being able to get to 6-5? He beat the Sycamores in OT, then beat SDSU in OT and we became the first 6-5 team to ever win an at-large spot in the playoffs.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:45 pm

ST_Lawson wrote:I guess there's a slight chance, but we need a lot of things to do our way for it to happen.

Then again, remember the first game McGuire started...against Indiana State...when we thought we were eliminated from the playoffs having only being able to get to 6-5? He beat the Sycamores in OT, then beat SDSU in OT and becoming the first 6-5 team to ever win an at-large spot in the playoffs.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After a win against Indiana State next week, I believe we’d be #3 in the MVFC with a top 5 SOS. I find it hard to believe they’d leave out #3 of the MVFC and a top 5 SOS. We’d be 6-5 and only one bad loss at USD. Mr. Lawson what I just wrote factual?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
ST_Lawson
Site Admin
Posts: 5275
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 pm
Location: Macomb, IL
Contact:

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 pm

WIU2DC wrote: After a win against Indiana State next week, I believe we’d be #3 in the MVFC with a top 5 SOS. I find it hard to believe they’d leave out #3 of the MVFC and a top 5 SOS. We’d be 6-5 and only one bad loss at USD. Mr. Lawson what I just wrote factual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those numbers are all correct, yes. Idk if they'll get us in, but if we beat Indiana State, and if they're going to take any 6-5 team, I do think we probably have the strongest case.

Still, if we win next weekend, I'm still going into Sunday thinking we're not in. Then if it does happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:58 pm

ST_Lawson wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: After a win against Indiana State next week, I believe we’d be #3 in the MVFC with a top 5 SOS. I find it hard to believe they’d leave out #3 of the MVFC and a top 5 SOS. We’d be 6-5 and only one bad loss at USD. Mr. Lawson what I just wrote factual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those numbers are all correct, yes. Idk if they'll get us in, but if we beat Indiana State, and if they're going to take any 6-5 team, I do think we probably have the strongest case.

Still, if we win next weekend, I'm still going into Sunday thinking we're not in. Then if it does happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I wouldn’t be watching Sunday with high hopes but I’d still love to sneak in and play a #2 from the SOCON or some other lower tier FCS conference to show that the MVFC just beats up on itself and we are all that good. I do think UNI is out and it’s either ISU(b) (with a win against us) or us at 6-5. I don’t foresee 4 teams from the MVFC getting in this year, just hopefully three. Our game should be the MVFC game of the week too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
leatherneckcountry
Posts: 929
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:00 pm

ST_Lawson wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 pm
WIU2DC wrote: After a win against Indiana State next week, I believe we’d be #3 in the MVFC with a top 5 SOS. I find it hard to believe they’d leave out #3 of the MVFC and a top 5 SOS. We’d be 6-5 and only one bad loss at USD. Mr. Lawson what I just wrote factual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those numbers are all correct, yes. Idk if they'll get us in, but if we beat Indiana State, and if they're going to take any 6-5 team, I do think we probably have the strongest case.

Still, if we win next weekend, I'm still going into Sunday thinking we're not in. Then if it does happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are to many good teams from the CAA for us to get i ad watching us today we don't belong in the playoffs.
WIU2DC
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:01 pm

leatherneckcountry wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 pm
WIU2DC wrote: After a win against Indiana State next week, I believe we’d be #3 in the MVFC with a top 5 SOS. I find it hard to believe they’d leave out #3 of the MVFC and a top 5 SOS. We’d be 6-5 and only one bad loss at USD. Mr. Lawson what I just wrote factual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those numbers are all correct, yes. Idk if they'll get us in, but if we beat Indiana State, and if they're going to take any 6-5 team, I do think we probably have the strongest case.

Still, if we win next weekend, I'm still going into Sunday thinking we're not in. Then if it does happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are to many good teams from the CAA for us to get i ad watching us today we don't belong in the playoffs.

Oh, by how we played today we do not deserve to play in the postseason but anyone that’s on this board knows that May have been the worst game of football we’ve played in years. I’m hoping we come out Saturday and put a shelling on Indiana state.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
sealhall74
Posts: 3731
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:18 pm
Location: Wherever, Windblows

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:12 pm

WIU2DC wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:01 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 pm


Those numbers are all correct, yes. Idk if they'll get us in, but if we beat Indiana State, and if they're going to take any 6-5 team, I do think we probably have the strongest case.

Still, if we win next weekend, I'm still going into Sunday thinking we're not in. Then if it does happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are to many good teams from the CAA for us to get i ad watching us today we don't belong in the playoffs.

Oh, by how we played today we do not deserve to play in the postseason but anyone that’s on this board knows that May have been the worst game of football we’ve played in years. I’m hoping we come out Saturday and put a shelling on Indiana state.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If nothing else, we should just take good notes next week on how to put together a running game. ISUb has not missed a beat since their stud Keys went down.
If Jimmy V was a programmer like me, he would have said it like this: while (!(succeed = try()));
wiu712
Posts: 4264
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:24 pm

South Dakota stops four-game skid with win over Western Illinois.
From the Sioux Falls Argus Leader:
https://www.argusleader.com/story/sport ... 904115002/
Post Reply