WIU vs Indiana State (11/17/2018) - Senior Day

LocalYokelFan

Gutless play calling by Elliot. Bad penalties. Froze my arst off for 3+ hrs for that!? Pretty disappointed.
WIU2DC

LocalYokelFan wrote:Gutless play calling by Elliot. Bad penalties. Froze my arst off for 3+ hrs for that!? Pretty disappointed.
I’m hoping Elliot looks back at his play calling this year and realizes he can’t do that in the future or we are going to have long seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Western_101

The weather was the same for both teams. WESTERN is not a good football team. Play calling is not good either. Were Western to have squeaked this out by one point I can't see the committee thinking this is a playoff team.

Conversely congratulations to ISU they kept getting better and won their last 5 games. They absolutely deserve to be rewarded.

The stats on this game are outright ugly. Easily the worst game I have ever seen Western play (well, in a season where they were in the running for a winning record or post season play at least).
Last edited by Western_101 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sealhall74

If Elliott wants to be a run first team, he has a lot of work to do in the offseason.
Embrace the pace of the race.
BobLovely

Ugh! That was ugly...

Bob
Western_101

Lot of talent on this team, of course I couldn't coach D-I football, However, Charlie Fischer can.

There was more than enough talent here. Comes down to Leadership and Decision making. I would say in both categories the top guy is very green and was probably not entirely confident in what to do in certain situations.

So much weak play calling.

Man, my Heart aches for some of those Seniors this is how it all ends.
Western_101

Well at least we have Basketball......oh, yeah. Wrong school.
meganeck

LocalYokelFan wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:19 pm Gutless play calling by Elliot. Bad penalties. Froze my arst off for 3+ hrs for that!? Pretty disappointed.
What happened to the offense? was it bad play-calling? Didn't really watch saw a little of the 1st half. Need to get some more play makers, especially at running back.
leatherneckcountry

We can blame coaching all we want but personal fouls are on the player this has been an issue for the last 3 yrs to many stupid penalty's.
WIU2DC

RedNeck wrote:Well at least we have Basketball......oh, yeah. Wrong school.
Ha! Maybe we can start recruiting better there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk