Early look at 2019

letsgonecks

Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:48 am

ST_Lawson wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:46 am
RedNeck wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:37 pm
Huhh,.....I thought Wahee's eligibility had expired. Having him back healthy is F***ing fantastic!
Wahee was redshirted and played two seasons at Norfolk State. I don't know the details of his transfer, but he played for us last year, so it must have been a grad transfer or something. He's played 3 years, so he'll be a "redshirt senior" in 2019. Theoretically, he might be able to apply for a 6th year/medical redshirt since he only played 3 games for us last season, although...
A player who has already had a redshirt season and then qualifies for a medical redshirt in a subsequent season can be approved for a sixth year of eligibility. However, those cases are tougher to win, as the player is supposed to have missed two seasons for "circumstances beyond their control", where taking a redshirt as a true freshman would not typically meet that criteria.
As far as I know, his freshman/redshirt season was just because he was a freshman...not due to "circumstances beyond their control", so it'd be unlikely, but technically possible. If he were to be awarded that, he could actually play for us in 2019 and 2020.
Yeah, grad transfers typically come to schools with 1 year left, but since he graduated in 3 years and red-shirted, he had 2 years remaining. He would not be eligible for a medical hardship. He played in 6 games last year, but only had catches in 3.
Think Purple...lets think Gold as in Championships!!!