Kind of a goodbye...

tjk1985

Well, it is with a bit of sadness that my son, TJ, has decided to transfer out of Western. I was really looking forward to him maybe getting on the field this year, as well as being a part of a great tailgate tradition we were getting started! I even just got a new large purple tailgate tent anticipating spring game and the fall.

He’s not sure about next steps, but it really wasn’t football or coaches related (at least as far as I know!). I think he was a bit too far from home, and maybe homesick.

Noting but great things to say about coaches and all, but it’s ultimately his decision.

I’ll be hanging around and will always root for the Necks!
Western_101

Best of wishes to you and to your Son TJ. Life certainly can take some unanticipated turns, and sometimes we don't even know if we have arrived. :)
rocki

Wishing TJ and your family all the best. Sad to see him go, but hey, we've all been young and away from home and know how that can feel. Hope he finds the perfect fit for him (and what a bonus if purple is one of their colors, too, eh? ;) ) and he can get back in the groove quickly.

Don't be a stranger, we still want to see you on leathernecknation.net.
Tere North

tjk1985 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:30 pm Well, it is with a bit of sadness that my son, TJ, has decided to transfer out of Western. I was really looking forward to him maybe getting on the field this year, as well as being a part of a great tailgate tradition we were getting started! I even just got a new large purple tailgate tent anticipating spring game and the fall.

He’s not sure about next steps, but it really wasn’t football or coaches related (at least as far as I know!). I think he was a bit too far from home, and maybe homesick.

Noting but great things to say about coaches and all, but it’s ultimately his decision.

I’ll be hanging around and will always root for the Necks!
Life provides lots of turns and detours. May he use his time here as part of his building experience. Best wishes moving forward.
meganeck

Thanks for letting us know about your son, all the best to him and I hope he find happiness wherever his next stop takes him. Thanks for your contributions to the board always nice to get a different perspective. Hopefully you will still chime in on occasion and please keep us updated on your son.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Sorry to hear we won't be seeing you at games this fall, but hopefully the change works out well for your son.

As others have said, don't be a stranger...you're always welcome around Leatherneck Nation, and if the timing ever works out, around the tailgate lot as well.
I wish you guys the best and look forward to hearing where he ends up and how the change of scenery goes for him.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

For anyone curious, TJ is going to be playing at Missouri Western (it's about 75 minutes up the freeway from his hometown of Lee's Summit, MO)
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

And apparently he still has a fondness for purple. :D :D Wishing him all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!