Football Recruits - 2020

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:02 pm I’m bored at work and just looked at Shawn Lee’s 24/7 page and the website is saying Illinois, Michigan State, Oklahoma, and Western Michigan have been recruiting him but he tweeted his commitment to us. If he stays committed to us, it’s crazy that we may have stolen a prospect from the P5. (If they offer him, which it doesn’t seem they have yet.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you have to take that with a grain of salt. Not saying he's not a great kid and an impressive football player, but most DI schools have camps and stuff, and especially the big FBS schools...they invite a ton of kids to them with the intention of only offering a small percentage of them. He had visits and camp invites to places like the ones you listed (plus Cincinnati and K-State), but the only actual offers at this point are us and Minnesota State (a very good DII team).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad

This is only the 3rd recruiting cycle I’ve followed as a Leatherneck fan. For some of you that have been following longer, is 4 commits before summer camp starts a lot? Or is it just back to normal? I know the last 2 seasons didn’t have this much early action.

Now, if we can just get to Dec with them still committed...
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:28 am This is only the 3rd recruiting cycle I’ve followed as a Leatherneck fan. For some of you that have been following longer, is 4 commits before summer camp starts a lot? Or is it just back to normal? I know the last 2 seasons didn’t have this much early action.

Now, if we can just get to Dec with them still committed...
Feels like more than usual to me, but I'll have to dig back through some of the older threads to know for sure. I don't generally mark down when a kid verbally commits (in the spreadsheet), but I often post something about it in that year's recruiting thread.
GV Dad

GV Dad

5th commit! Still July! This staff is building a hell of a class
WIU2DC

That’s awesome! Saw on his Twitter that SIU, SDSU and U of Tennessee Martin all offered him too. Glad we beat out SDSU! Now we need a great year to keep their verbals!

GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:01 pm That’s awesome! Saw on his Twitter that SIU, SDSU and U of Tennessee Martin all offered him too. Glad we beat out SDSU! Now we need a great year to keep their verbals!

Absolutely right! These FCS commits can always blow up with FBS offers if they have good senior years.
leatherneckcountry

Says the tweet is unavailable wondering who it is
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:55 am Says the tweet is unavailable wondering who it is
Brian Bruce, 6' 2" 265lb Guard from Phillips HS in Chicago. We were his first offer back on May 3rd, and he's had offers from South Dakota State, UT-Martin, and Southern Illinois since then.
Here's his hudl page if you want to watch some "film": https://www.hudl.com/profile/8368141/Brian-Bruce