Football Recruits - 2020

User avatar
letsgonecks
Posts: 601
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:19 am

WIU2DC wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:41 pm


Looks like we just offered this guy and his bio say May graduate. So, I’m assuming he’d on the field in the fall if he signs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like he was a WR out of HS, played 6 games Freshman year as a TE for NAIA College of Idaho, not sure on 2018, but was a LB and teammate of current signee Maceo Barbosa at Santa Rosa last year.
Think Purple...lets think Gold as in Championships!!!
leatherneckcountry
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:55 pm

WIU2DC
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Cade Eddington (WR) has committed to WIU, looks like he’ll be here in the fall.




In 2018 he had offers to Truman State, Minnesota State, and PWO to University of Miami. He signed with Truman State and looks like he played last year there or maybe redshirted. He only listed those three offers (out of HS) on his Twitter and very stark differences between them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wiu712
Posts: 5380
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Former Rochester teammates Cade Eddington, Clay Bruno to reunite at Western Illinois.
From the Springfield State Journal-Register:
https://www.sj-r.com/sports/20200515/fo ... n-illinois
leatherneckcountry
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:55 pm

WIU2DC
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:31 pm

leatherneckcountry wrote:
Kid can definitely catch the ball, and seems like a good possession WR. But, maybe it was just me he didn’t seem to have D1 speed? Could def be wrong though. Also, I couldn’t find any other offers besides WIU either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
leatherneckcountry
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:55 pm

WIU2DC wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:55 am
leatherneckcountry wrote:
Kid can definitely catch the ball, and seems like a good possession WR. But, maybe it was just me he didn’t seem to have D1 speed? Could def be wrong though. Also, I couldn’t find any other offers besides WIU either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being a PWO he probably didn’t have any offers but is being brought in to more of a practice player.
WIU2DC
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:31 pm

leatherneckcountry wrote:
WIU2DC wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:55 am
leatherneckcountry wrote:
Kid can definitely catch the ball, and seems like a good possession WR. But, maybe it was just me he didn’t seem to have D1 speed? Could def be wrong though. Also, I couldn’t find any other offers besides WIU either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being a PWO he probably didn’t have any offers but is being brought in to more of a practice player.
Makes more sense now. I didn’t see the PWO.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WIU2DC
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Clayton Scott who is a JUCO signee from this past class has been put into the transfer portal. I scrolled around a little and didn’t see it mentioned. Is it something to worry about with kids transferring out this early to a new season starting?





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
ST_Lawson
Site Admin
Posts: 6109
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 pm
Location: Macomb, IL
Contact:

WIU2DC wrote:Clayton Scott who is a JUCO signee from this past class has been put into the transfer portal. I scrolled around a little and didn’t see it mentioned. Is it something to worry about with kids transferring out this early to a new season starting?





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Normal for a normal year? Not really.
Normal for this year? Probably.

With no spring practice and no summer practices yet, things are going to be a bit wonky. Kids leaving now might have been the group that usually leaves after spring practice if it looks like they'll be lower on the depth chart than they wanted to be or things just didn't work out for whatever reason.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Post Reply