Kick Off

huskie

Only 94 days till the football kickoff against Valpariso!
wonderdog

sounds good to me we should have one anticipating year with 2 Big Ten teams on the schedule and North Dakota State for Homecoming ....can't wait!!!
WIU0812

I am definitely excited for the tougher schedule and more well known teams. If the students have heard of the teams we are playing it is guaranteed to intrigue them more into coming. Next year will be exciting as we play the Illini!
letsgonecks

Love the schedule. Only 1 1/2 hours from Madison, so will be making that game. I enjoy WIS football and have been wanting to see a game at Camp Randall for years, so might as well go see my Leathernecks pull off their biggest upset ever!!!!!!!

Also plan on making the Northwestern game. Drop the kids off at the in laws in the western burbs and head up to Evanston. Not yet aproved by the boss, but it's a go in my book.

Then will make my yearly trip down to Macomb for a game, but haven't yet decided on a game.

Ready for some WIU FOOTBALL
sealhall74

I only make one football trip a year so it will be Homecoming for me but also considering an "extended" visit with the game in Carbondale the previous week. Sort of depends on what other fun and games I can find to do in the Land of Lincoln that time of year.
Embrace the pace of the race.
BobLovely

I am set to attend the WIU-UW game in Madison. I already have my hotel reservations. I hope to attend a game in Macomb as well...

Bob
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I should be at all of the home games (of course), but I also am planning on making it up to the Northwestern game, probably with a family member or two depending on scheduling and stuff. I think I can only swing one of the two B1G games, and it's easier for me to get to Northwestern (train up from Macomb, family in the suburbs I can stay overnight with, etc.).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
EllyK

The Marching Leathernecks will also be making a trip to the Northwestern game!
Western Illinois University '15
Villanova University '18

Marching Leatherneck 2011-2014
wiu712

EllyK wrote:The Marching Leathernecks will also be making a trip to the Northwestern game!
Great news!

The University is making that whole week of September 15-20 "WIU Chicago Homecoming" with events going on every day leading up to that Saturday's game with Northwestern.

http://wiu.edu/alumni/chicagohomecoming.php
sealhall74

Lots of time to play around with Google lately, so I put together a Tree Map chart based on last years conference-only stats to illustrate the strengths and weaknesses of all MVFC teams. The area under a team represents relative team strength (obviously NDSU dominated and ISU-B has some work to do). Green is good, red is bad, shades in between are so-so. Left click on any blue header to expand that team/category. Right click to close it. Last year, pass defense was our obvious strength. Special teams need some help and punting in particular. Looking for lots more green from the guys in purple for this upcoming season.

Embrace the pace of the race.