N Bama Football message board

GV Dad

http://unapride.proboards.com/board/4/football

In case anyone is interested to hear what the opposition is saying. They are pretty confident for a new FCS team. Not sure they truly understand how big of a jump it really is from D2.
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:http://unapride.proboards.com/board/4/football

In case anyone is interested to hear what the opposition is saying. They are pretty confident for a new FCS team. Not sure they truly understand how big of a jump it really is from D2.
Am I missing something? I don’t get the hype about NAU... yeah they beat the BIGSKY champion from 2017, their first game in a FCS schedule... but didn’t SUU go 2-10 or something last year? I wouldn’t cheer about beating NDSU the year they were way below .500. I am by now way an expert in college football, but I just don’t get the hype about their team. Also, if we played in the BIG-SOUTH we’d be a top three team every year. But, hey we will know in a few weeks. Can’t wait for this season.

Side note, if we do lose this game, I think we are in for a long season but I don’t foresee that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GV Dad

I don't see anything you're missing. I think this is a close game at half, but in the end we win pretty easy. Not a blow out but I'm guessing like 31-17
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote:

Am I missing something? I don’t get the hype about NAU...

Just for clarification, NAU is Northern Arizona. The University of North Alabama is UNA (officially) or TUNA (not officially).

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:
WIU2DC wrote:

Am I missing something? I don’t get the hype about NAU...

Just for clarification, NAU is Northern Arizona. The University of North Alabama is UNA (officially) or TUNA (not officially).

Ah, thanks for the correction! But yes, I am talking about UNA.

letsgonecks

This is a historically good team from basically the Missouri Valley of DII.

I get their confidence and know we'd all be feeling the same way. Looking at WIU and seeing some pretty important pieces gone from a 5-6 team and getting them at home makes it look very winnable. Similar to us going to IL last year and having confidence that we could leave with a W. We're coming off a playoff season and facing a team that hasn't been the best and yes, we played them close for a while. We don't make a few mistake or a get a call or 2 and maybe we win, but at the end of the day, the jump up in competition is noticeable and usually wins out.

This might be a tough game as some of our new pieces get settled in, but think we're a 2 score winner. Not saying we can't lose, but confident in the returning players and new pieces we have ready to compete at the highest level of FCS football.
sealhall74

They were almost right. WIU Parent and Family fans travel pretty well. The rest of us need a little prodding every now and then. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.