Visitors locker room?

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Quick question...anyone know what the visiting football teams use for their locker room? I know that both teams walk from Western Hall/Rec Center area, and our guys have a pretty nice looking locker room, but I was curious what the visitors use.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Not sure, maybe the old football locker room area, assuming our new one was not a straight renovation. I think Danielle needs to have an open house for Western and Brophy so alumni and donors can see where we are. I would show up for it.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Western_101

Huh :?: that is a good question. Men's BB locker room? and open access for team huddle at the West end of Western Hall "arena" area?

How do we not know this? teams typically travel with two charter coaches. I'm sure it has to be at least 75-80 bodies that travel. One can stuff 55 bodies uncomfortably into a coach style bus. So most will operate two. Once you load up the coaches the team Dr. and therapists and broadcast folks, yeah it pretty much fills up an entire 737 plane.

Hence no teams stay in Macomb. No Hotel big enough to accommodate a D-I team and crew. Hampton could accommodate basic needs, but teams want big ass convention rooms for team gatherings, yeah, nothing in Macomb.
Western_101

Aside from the Hotel issue. Is Macomb Municipal Airport capable of handling a 737 or Airbus equivalent? I know the length is 5100 and the width is100.

I don't know the length needed but I do know 150' wide is the standard for commercial i.e. Quad City, Peoria, O'Hare, Midway. Charter flights are their own beast so I just don't know whats what.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

RedNeck wrote:Aside from the Hotel issue. Is Macomb Municipal Airport capable of handling a 737 or Airbus equivalent? I know the length is 5100 and the width is100.

I don't know the length needed but I do know 150' wide is the standard for commercial i.e. Quad City, Peoria, O'Hare, Midway. Charter flights are their own beast so I just don't know whats what.
We've actually talked about this a bit over on AGS. Technically, I think the Macomb airport can handle many of the smaller commercial jets (like the ones most football teams charter...probably 4 seats across). I've never heard about anything that big landing there though. I think the largest that I'm aware of is a smaller private jet, like a Gulfstream.

The runway is big enough, but I don't know if they have all the other services that a jet that big would need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:09 am
RedNeck wrote:Aside from the Hotel issue. Is Macomb Municipal Airport capable of handling a 737 or Airbus equivalent? I know the length is 5100 and the width is100.

We've actually talked about this a bit over on AGS. Technically, I think the Macomb airport can handle many of the smaller commercial jets (like the ones most football teams charter...probably 4 seats across). I've never heard about anything that big landing there though. I think the largest that I'm aware of is a smaller private jet, like a Gulfstream.

The runway is big enough, but I don't know if they have all the other services that a jet that big would need.

The length isn't the problem, the weight capacity is. An empty 737 full of fuel weights 130k pounds. Weight limits listed for the only include double wheel at 21k and nothing listed for dual tandems or double dual tandems "airliners" carry. QC is our normal flight airport. You might fly a BkB team in, but definitely not a FB team.
Western_101

Tere North wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:16 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:09 am

The length isn't the problem, the weight capacity is. An empty 737 full of fuel weights 130k pounds. Weight limits listed for the only include double wheel at 21k and nothing listed for dual tandems or double dual tandems "airliners" carry. QC is our normal flight airport. You might fly a BkB team in, but definitely not a FB team.
Silly me I forgot about the weight. Yes some runways are way thicker than others to handle the stress load. Also, being that Macomb Municipal does not operate any commercial flights I doubt that they have any type of deplanement ramps to butt up along side of the aircraft for plane departure.