2019 Week 2 - Western Illinois at FBS Colorado State

BobLovely

I do not anticipate us to fare well in this game:

Colorado State 31
Western Illinois 17

Bob
Last edited by BobLovely on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sealhall74

Like ST, I also was thinking about why FCS teams seem to fizzle out late in the game when matched against FBS opponents. Lack of depth could have something to do with it. But I also think FBS teams don't bring their entire playbook into the game at the start. They will try to keep things simple and just see if they can pound the other team into submission that way. Only when things get dicey in the latter stages of the game will they show their best stuff. That and the FBS crowds can get a little louder if necessary for some added pressure.
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:49 pm Like ST, I also was thinking about why FCS teams seem to fizzle out late in the game when matched against FBS opponents. Lack of depth could have something to do with it. But I also think FBS teams don't bring their entire playbook into the game at the start. They will try to keep things simple and just see if they can pound the other team into submission that way. Only when things get dicey in the latter stages of the game will they show their best stuff. That and the FBS crowds can always get a little louder if necessary for some added pressure.
GV Dad

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:25 am
GV Dad wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:08 pm Looking for a much better showing than last Thur. I think Max and JB are both going to be out for a while, which hurts. OL needs to improve on picking up games and blitzs, which they will, and no missed assignments on D. Asking for W on the road at a FBS is a big ask, but no treason why we shouldn't show improvement. Stay healthy, and come home to take on Mont St.
So does a smart coach leave them at the top of the 2-Deep chart or move the next man up?
Not sure I understand your question? They are injured and not playing.
GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:25 pm Does the Mountain West not have a tv deal? ESPN isn’t listing a channel or platform to watch the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://themw.com/
BobLovely

GV Dad wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:44 pm
WIU2DC wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:25 pm Does the Mountain West not have a tv deal? ESPN isn’t listing a channel or platform to watch the game.

https://themw.com/
The game is listed as on AT&T Sports (RM), MWC Digital

Bob
xman

Does anyone have any idea how much the university makes when we play an FBS school? I've heard upwards of a million dollars in some cases, and does that money go to the football program?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

xman wrote:Does anyone have any idea how much the university makes when we play an FBS school? I've heard upwards of a million dollars in some cases, and does that money go to the football program?
I'll see if I can find the graphic I had of all the money games this year. Generally it's the G5 ones getting 7 figures. We're more in the 200k-300k range usually. The money goes to the Athletics Dept budget.

EDIT - here we go: https://i.imgur.com/JMimynb.jpg
We're getting $375k.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:33 pm
xman wrote:Does anyone have any idea how much the university makes when we play an FBS school? I've heard upwards of a million dollars in some cases, and does that money go to the football program?
I'll see if I can find the graphic I had of all the money games this year. Generally it's the G5 ones getting 7 figures. We're more in the 200k-300k range usually. The money goes to the Athletics Dept budget.

We're getting $375k.

So MTSU is paying Duke $100K to show up in Murfreesboro? Go figure.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:33 pm

We're getting $375k.

So MTSU is paying Duke $100K to show up in Murfreesboro? Go figure.
Looks like it. Must be a 1-off...not a H&H.

Also interesting is the "only" 25k that SIU is getting to travel to UMass this weekend. Might just cover the costs of travel...but that's about it.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000