2019 Week 4 - Western Illinois vs Tennessee Tech

rocki

vatusay wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:51 pm The fact Sampson was the starter makes me seriously worry about the coaching staff’s decision making.

Where would they be if Johnson is the QB to start the season? The season is already shot now.
Agree completely. We know we couldn't have a worse record than we do now, and possibly could have a much better one.
sealhall74

Whoever is QB is pretty much a sitting duck with the OLine we got right now.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:12 pm Whoever is QB is pretty much a sitting duck with the OLine we got right now.
Also true. Johnson looks like he can make some pretty good throws, but if the O-line keeps letting guys get to him on both sides...there's only so much scrambling he can do.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Necks2003

Ummmm....panic mode here we come! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Necks2003 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:27 pm Ummmm....panic mode here we come! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Oh, we're long past panic. Panic was when we were 0-2.
I'm to "I just hope we don't go winless" mode.
rocki

Necks2003 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:27 pm Ummmm....panic mode here we come! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Panic? Resigned depression is more like it................
wiu712

Tennessee Tech won the game 38-24. The 24 points was a season-high for Western.

There was a 2.5 hour Weather Delay just 4:30 into the first quarter.

Kevin Johnson led the team to 21 points in his season debut. Johnson was 10 for 14 with 2 interceptions, gained 159 yards and led to three touchdowns.

549 Total Yards for Tennessee Tech. 380 Total Yards for Western.

Attendance at Hanson Field = 1,594.

Leathernecks fall to 0-4 with loss to Tennessee Tech.
From the McDonough County Voice:
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/2 ... essee-tech
wiu712

Tennessee Tech knocks off Western Illinois.
From the Cookeville, Tennessee Herald-Citizen:
http://herald-citizen.com/stories/tech- ... nois,37414?
xman

With all the doom and gloom already mentioned about the season, I'll just go ahead and throw this in as well. The TV coverage is horrible, even worse than the play on field. Sucks you can't even get decent at best coverage of the game. I don't understand how the whole ESPN3 and Plus telecasts work, but they suck, and bad. Sorry rant over, Go Leathernecks..... :D
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

xman wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:14 am With all the doom and gloom already mentioned about the season, I'll just go ahead and throw this in as well. The TV coverage is horrible, even worse than the play on field. Sucks you can't even get decent at best coverage of the game. I don't understand how the whole ESPN3 and Plus telecasts work, but they suck, and bad. Sorry rant over, Go Leathernecks..... :D
For the most part with the FCS, ESPN just runs what the host schools send them. It's up to the schools themselves to put together a quality product.
For some schools, local media (TV stations) put together the whole broadcast (NDSU, for example). Other schools have their sports broadcasting students do it (that's what we do). I've also seen schools trot out a couple of cameras, and just sync the video feed to the local radio feed for audio.

Unless your issue is that the stream itself is glitchy or something...in which case that is probably ESPN's fault.