2019 Week 6 - Western Illinois vs Missouri State (Homecoming)

dustinthorn93

vatusay wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:57 pm It’s always the officiating when you are 0-5.
I'm not blaming officiating. I don't think they missed any calls. I just said in certain situations they seemed like they were confused is all. 0-5 happens when play-calling is bad mixed with poor tackling and a QB that can't stay on his feet and make throws to his teammates.
vatusay

Sorry, didn’t intend for comment to be directed at you at all, but at the radio broadcast and watching the game. It seemed like Elliot wouldn’t leave the officials alone.

I can’t tell if it is a pure talent problem or coaching issue.

I’d say some dramatic changes need to be made. I never dreamed Nielsen leaving would lead to this. Going to be in the basement of the MVFC for a long time (think Indiana state) if this remains the status quo.

Sadly, my childhood memories of WIU being one of the best teams in the country year after year are long gone.
#ALLIN #YOLO
HoosierNeck13

This is been a disastrous season and we need to relieve Coach Elliot ASAP.

We need to get back to the glory days of competing for championships, instead of fighting to avoid being cellar dwellers.

I have been a loyal fan and alum for years but nothing I see inspires confidence in our programs. When I was an undergrad, football was a playoff team and men's soccer dominated the league. I hope those days aren't gone forever.
Last edited by HoosierNeck13 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dustinthorn93

vatusay wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:08 pm Sorry, didn’t intend for comment to be directed at you at all, but at the radio broadcast and watching the game. It seemed like Elliot wouldn’t leave the officials alone.

I can’t tell if it is a pure talent problem or coaching issue.

I’d say some dramatic changes need to be made. I never dreamed Nielsen leaving would lead to this. Going to be in the basement of the MVFC for a long time (think Indiana state) if this remains the status quo.

Sadly, my childhood memories of WIU being one of the best teams in the country year after year are long gone.
Gotcha! My mistake as well! It's hard to read tone thru text and I must have misinterpreted, but I agree. Nielson leaving hurt and then right after Fisher bolted and left us scrambling. It's hard to think WIU was just in the playoffs 2 seasons ago and probably could/should have hosted a first round game if attendance was better.
WIU2DC

I don’t see us winning a game this season, and I agree with the other posters saying to let Elliot go. Unfortunately, WIUs finances probably keep him employed until his contract is up. Anyone know or remember how long his contract is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sealhall74

If everyone is healthy from the getgo, I think we are probably 3-2 right now. But football is contact sport and sometimes a coach takes a hit too if he does not win.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:45 pm I was watching and listening. Usually the radio is a bit ahead of the video which I like. Today the video was a little ahead. I did not see too much wrong with the officiating.
Interesting, Dr Tom made it seem like they were the worst officials he has ever seen.
meganeck

dustinthorn93 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:48 pm At times they seemed confused, like after that 4th down and it took them 7-8 minutes to get the penalties figured out and the next play started. I do think it was cool that there was a female official. They didn't blow any calls though. Just seemed lost at times.
Danny seemed to suggest that they had a lack of communication, more than complaining about their calls.
vatusay

I really hope Elliot as head coach doesn’t turn into same situation as coach wright on the basketball side. Keeping him around with the “well who else could we get or afford?” attitude. I think the last couple coaching searches turned up some highly qualified candidates for both programs. I’d say we test my theory for 2020.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote:
sealhall74 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:45 pm I was watching and listening. Usually the radio is a bit ahead of the video which I like. Today the video was a little ahead. I did not see too much wrong with the officiating.
Interesting, Dr Tom made it seem like they were the worst officials he has ever seen.
I don't think they were anywhere close to the worst I've seen. There were a few questionable calls, but I saw a couple for both sides. Seemed pretty even to me. The worst one I saw was a defensive pass interference on us where really the receiver had his arm around the defenders helmet. Almost like a headlock. Otherwise, not too horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000