2019 Week 6 - Western Illinois vs Missouri State (Homecoming)

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Image VS Image
Western Illinois VS Missouri State - Homecoming
Saturday, October 5 at 3 PM (Central)

Radio: Leatherneck Sports Network
TV : ESPN+

Game Notes
Western Illinois
Missouri State

History: WIU and MSU have played 36 times going back to 1981. WIU has won the last 3 meetings between the two teams, including a 31-14 victory last year in Springfield, MO.
WIU in 2018 - 5-6 overall, 5-5 against FCS teams, 4-4 against MVFC teams
WIU in 2019 - 0-4 (0-3 against FCS teams)
MSU in 2018 - 4-7 overall, 3-6 against FCS teams, 2-6 in the MVFC
MSU in 2019 - 0-3 overall, lost at Northern Arizona by 14, at FBS Tulane by 52, and at home against then #6 Kennesaw State by 11

Weather Prediction: Showers and 59 degrees, 57% chance of rain, 79% humidity, ~8 mph winds

Odds:
Massey Ratings - 61% chance of WIU win, predicted score of 27-23.
Sagarin Ratings - WIU by ~3 points
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

Please, God, let us win this one.
xman

rocki wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:34 pm Please, God, let us win this one.
Liked post.... :lol:
wiu712

Another loss and injury: WIU to get back to the basics.
From the McDonough County Voice:
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/2 ... -to-basics
Neckfan

We still have some games we can win but we need to play a little defense. Tech looked like they couldnt be stopped against our defense. We need to get a win soon.
GV Dad

I can't remember a team that I have been on or followed that has had so many injuries to start a season. 6 starters and 4 backups out of the lineup last week; and not sure they'll be back by HC. Hoping we enough to pick a win vs Mo State, but who knows at this point. Snake bit season for sure.
rocki

GV Dad wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:39 pm I can't remember a team that I have been on or followed that has had so many injuries to start a season. 6 starters and 4 backups out of the lineup last week; and not sure they'll be back by HC. Hoping we enough to pick a win vs Mo State, but who knows at this point. Snake bit season for sure.
Who all is out? I've never actually seen a list of who's hurt anywhere. I mean, we know about Brunner and Max Norris; and that Sampson went out last week, and I think I saw Huston limping after his score. Who else is out?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:48 pm
GV Dad wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:39 pm I can't remember a team that I have been on or followed that has had so many injuries to start a season. 6 starters and 4 backups out of the lineup last week; and not sure they'll be back by HC. Hoping we enough to pick a win vs Mo State, but who knows at this point. Snake bit season for sure.
Who all is out? I've never actually seen a list of who's hurt anywhere. I mean, we know about Brunner and Max Norris; and that Sampson went out last week, and I think I saw Huston limping after his score. Who else is out?
I posted this prior to the TTU game:
ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:11 am
WIU2DC wrote:Any word on Bruner and any other injuries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put together a post elsewhere of what I could figure out from the 2-deep...

All I really know for sure is the 2-deep for this weekend's game, which shows:
Senior RB Max Norris - out all season so far
Junior RB Vic Johnson - out all season so far
Junior RB Kendon Walker - out last weekend against Montana State, listed as out again this weekend
Senior RB Deontez Thompson - in (minor injury in the UNA game, was out against Colorado State, but back against Montana State last weekend and listed on 2-deep for this weekend)
Senior WR John Brunner - out all season so far, spotted at Montana State game on the sideline in a walking boot
Senior DB Darron Wheeler - out all season (see below)

The only one I've seen posting about things online is DB Darron Wheeler, who had surgery a couple of weeks ago and it doesn't really he'll be back in 2019

In addition to those guys, we know Sampson had something going on with his ankle. Haven't heard if fracture, sprain, or strain...each one has it's own timetable for recovery....guess we'll see at Homecoming.
Might be another guy or two who are on the line. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll see if I can dig through the participation lists and see who all has played in what games and if there's any guys that we expected to be playing that aren't.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:57 pm
rocki wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:48 pm
I posted this prior to the TTU game:
ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:11 am
WIU2DC wrote:Any word on Bruner and any other injuries?

I put together a post elsewhere of what I could figure out from the 2-deep...

All I really know for sure is the 2-deep for this weekend's game, which shows:
Senior RB Max Norris - out all season so far
Junior RB Vic Johnson - out all season so far
Junior RB Kendon Walker - out last weekend against Montana State, listed as out again this weekend
Senior RB Deontez Thompson - in (minor injury in the UNA game, was out against Colorado State, but back against Montana State last weekend and listed on 2-deep for this weekend)
Senior WR John Brunner - out all season so far, spotted at Montana State game on the sideline in a walking boot
Senior DB Darron Wheeler - out all season (see below)

The only one I've seen posting about things online is DB Darron Wheeler, who had surgery a couple of weeks ago and it doesn't really he'll be back in 2019

In addition to those guys, we know Sampson had something going on with his ankle. Haven't heard if fracture, sprain, or strain...each one has it's own timetable for recovery....guess we'll see at Homecoming.
Might be another guy or two who are on the line. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll see if I can dig through the participation lists and see who all has played in what games and if there's any guys that we expected to be playing that aren't.
I know Michael Ross wasn’t dressed for the Montana St game
wiu712

WIU picks up the pace with up-tempo play.
From the McDonough County Voice:
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/2 ... tempo-play