2019 Week 7 - Western Illinois at Indiana State

rocki

This is disgusting. The end.
rocki

I don't know where the breakdown in this team is, but it is monstrously huge.
sealhall74

3rd down efficiency 1-15.
Cant run the ball, cant win in the Valley.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

This team lacks talent at QB and the Oline, but have been out coached every game this year and has been the difference. Not just Elliott sucking, but defensively sucking as well when we need someone to step up.

Get Carerra out on passing downs, take out the slow inside linebackers. Defensive 3rd downs lost this game. Yeah, so did the garbage offense, but the 3rd down packages in the second half fucking sucked.

Shouldn't care when a team was 0-5 and wish I didn't.
meganeck

I wonder how many yards they had in the 2nd half

They have to give one of the of the other Qb's a shot Sampson and Johnson are not the answer.
sealhall74

First two games we have leads at the half and lost both.
Outcoached in adjustments maybe.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Indiana State won the game 20-10. Western's 10 points came in the 2nd quarter.

Connor Sampson was 15 of 34 for 102 yards.

Western had 112 Rushing yards. Indiana State had 191.

Attendance at Indiana State = 7,243.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Hopefully the players can take something from this season and use it to improve themselves. Times of adversity are often when we have the most personal growth and they help you really appreciate it when the good times come back around. It doesn't really seem likely that we'll win a game this season, which sucks obviously, but when they're done with football, these young men will continue on with their lives, hopefully stronger having gone through this.

I try to stay positive whenever I can, but it doesn't really seem like there's much to be positive about on the field right now.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

I really don’t have any words for today’s game or season so far. It’s very likely we won’t win a game this season. SIU is the only likely chance we have left.

Whatever the issue our team is having, I hope the coaches, players, or administration fixes it, fires it, or recruits for it. I don’t want us to be the bottom of the MVFC. We’ve had about 4-5 years where we were relevant nationally and in the MVFC. I hope we can get back to that next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:03 pm Hopefully the players can take something from this season and use it to improve themselves. Times of adversity are often when we have the most personal growth and they help you really appreciate it when the good times come back around. It doesn't really seem likely that we'll win a game this season, which sucks obviously, but when they're done with football, these young men will continue on with their lives, hopefully stronger having gone through this.

I try to stay positive whenever I can, but it doesn't really seem like there's much to be positive about on the field right now.
I don't think anyone will argue that the young men on this team are excellent people. I'm sure they will be successful in whatever they choose to pursue.

I "use" this board to discuss football, not the players individually as "worthy/non-worthy" people. I wish each one of them the best that life has to offer.

With that said, If I hear Coach Elliot say one more time "there's things we need to work on" and "we need to do better", I just might go all Godzilla on Tokyo.

I didn't expect anywhere near the team we have had the last two years, but I also didn't expect this complete debacle.