2019 Week 8 - Western Illinois vs Illinois State

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Image VS Image
Western Illinois vs Illinois State
Saturday, October 19 at 1 PM (Central)
Dad's Day - http://www.wiu.edu/student_services/stu ... /dads_day/
Breast Cancer Awareness - Leatherneck Athletics will be collecting donations for Linda's Fund to help raise awareness for those battling breast cancer.

Radio: Leatherneck Sports Network
TV : ESPN+

Game Notes
Western Illinois
Illinois State

History: WIU and ILSU have played 101 times going back to 1904, and other than 1973, every year back to 1923. WIU leads the series 51-47-3, although lost last year's matchup 33-16. WIU won the meeting before that, but had lost 7 in a row prior to that game.
WIU in 2018 - 5-6 overall, 5-5 against FCS teams, 4-4 against MVFC teams
WIU in 2019 - 0-6 (0-5 against FCS teams)
ILSU in 2018 - 6-5 overall, 3-5 in the MVFC
ILSU in 2019 - 4-2 overall, 1-1 in the MVFC. Lost at Northern Illinois and against North Dakota State, won against Morehead State, at Eastern Illinois, against Northern Arizona, and at Southern Illinois.

Weather Prediction: Cloudy and high of about 60, ~25% chance of rain, mostly between 2 and 4 PM. ~5 mph winds.

Odds:
Massey Ratings - 11% chance of WIU win, with a predicted score of 24-7 for the Redbirds..
Sagarin Ratings - ILSU 87% chance of victory

The odds are not in our favor.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Saturday is also Dad's Day.
xman

I'll be in Macomb for my third game, excited to get back up there and hope for a victory... ;)
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:30 am Saturday is also Dad's Day.
Thanks, I'll add that.
xman wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:39 am I'll be in Macomb for my third game, excited to get back up there and hope for a victory... ;)
Awesome...hopefully the weather cooperates and we don't have another rainy game.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

We will get pummeled.
letsgonecks

rocki wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:22 pm We will get pummeled.
No that's not our teams MO, we'll do just enough to have a few chances and then completely piss them away. I'll still be watching and yelling at the TV.
xman

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:55 am
wiu712 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:30 am Saturday is also Dad's Day.
Thanks, I'll add that.
xman wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:39 am I'll be in Macomb for my third game, excited to get back up there and hope for a victory... ;)
Awesome...hopefully the weather cooperates and we don't have another rainy game.
Sweet, see if you can make that happen Scott... lol
sealhall74

Finally getting settled into new home in Davenport. I do plan on making the 109 mile trip. BTW, I get the Quad City Times home delivery newspaper, including the Sunday edition. No mention of the WIU game in Terre Haute yet there was a big write up about the UNI Panthers game with the Bison. Its 140 miles to the UniDome in Cedar Falls. Somehow we need to get back on the radar of the Quad City media sources (newspaper, TV, radio, etc.) Leatherneck Sports Network has no affiliate stations NORTH of Macomb. That is totally unacceptable IMHO.
Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

As is the case with a lot of media today, the radio stations are no longer locally owned. How WRMS out of Beardstown ended up broadcasting the games is beyond me, but I'm grateful they're doing it.

I don't know how that works - does the school contact the station, or does the station contact the school to make the arrangements? I don't know what the protocol would be to try and get someone to "tap into" the feed so there is a more northern presence.

Start nagging the radio stations in the Quad Cities to pick it up, and hopefully bring in some businesses ready to advertise on said station to pay for it. ;)
sealhall74

rocki wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:52 pm As is the case with a lot of media today, the radio stations are no longer locally owned. How WRMS out of Beardstown ended up broadcasting the games is beyond me, but I'm grateful they're doing it.

I don't know how that works - does the school contact the station, or does the station contact the school to make the arrangements? I don't know what the protocol would be to try and get someone to "tap into" the feed so there is a more northern presence.

Start nagging the radio stations in the Quad Cities to pick it up, and hopefully bring in some businesses ready to advertise on said station to pay for it. ;)
We were as far north as Clinton just a few short years ago.

https://goleathernecks.com/news/2015/8/ ... 54351.aspx
Embrace the pace of the race.