2020 Roster Changes

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:29 pm
GV Dad wrote:This one makes no sense. I wish him well, Clint's a great young man. What a horrible time to be in the Transfer Portal. With the free year, rosters are overflowing.
Great point, maybe he is testing the water just to see? Didn’t Brauner do this and he’s back on our roster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is correct. Brunner did enter the transfer portal for a short bit, then pulled back out (at least according to the roster on the website). Hopefully he's just seeing if there's any interest and if not, will finish up here.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

I don't see him coming back.
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:I don't see him coming back.
Aren’t you full of good news?! Lol. Gonna tell me that 2021 isn’t gonna be any better than 2020 too? Image

GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:12 pm
GV Dad wrote:I don't see him coming back.
Aren’t you full of good news?! Lol. Gonna tell me that 2021 isn’t gonna be any better than 2020 too? Image

Don't even joke about that Bro! LOL

Like the old saying goes; there's only one ball. With Whitlow, Tate, Brunner, Hall, Houston and Washington, we have plenty of weapons. Our offense will be as good as our OL will let it be.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Clint will be headed a short bit north and playing for NIU:
WIU2DC

Grad Transfer WR Ronald Smith from Columbia
Senior Shannon Hall from Ball State DL
JR. DL CJ Hunt from Eastern Michigan

They all seem to be added to our roster.

Chris Carter (QB) who I think transferred in last year, seems like he’s joined the transfer portal in early December.

WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:Clint will be headed a short bit north and playing for NIU:
Sad to see him go, but hopefully NIU wins some games with him next season then.

WIU2DC

Also, I couldn’t find Draysean Hudson on our roster but his Twitter still says WR @ WIU. Have any of you guys heard the chances of fans in the stadium for the spring season or is it going to be last minute decisions?

WIU2DC

TE Blake Muntz is now a member of the Eastern Kentucky Colonels. I believe he was a member of the 2019 class.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:08 pmHave any of you guys heard the chances of fans in the stadium for the spring season or is it going to be last minute decisions?
I heard the other day that it sounds like 20% capacity will be the plan based on current projections. I think that could change if things spike again in the spring, but that looks like what it's likely to be at this point.

Hanson Field's official capacity is 16,368, so if they go by that, we can have up to 3,273 fans in the stadium. Last season we averaged 2,653.7 fans per home game with a high of 4,728 at the home opener and 3,149 at Homecoming. Considering there won't be many students on campus (they're planning on still having many classes online in the Spring semester) and there's going to be people who won't go because of health reasons, I doubt we'll have any issue staying under that number at most games.