2020 Roster Changes

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:32 am Who is Clayton Scott?
JUCO transfer. This guy: https://www.leathernecknation.net/forum ... 247#p29247
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

Ah, forgot about him!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

On the coaching change front:

Tom Anthony, Assistant Coach - Defensive Coordinator/Outside Linebackers
Brandon Blackmon, Assistant Coach - Defensive Backs

Both are no longer listed on the coaching staff list on the athletics website.

Not a huge surprise. Nearly every team has a small amount of shifting of coaches every offseason, a few leave, a few new ones come in, etc. Also, looks like it's (so far) just been defensive coaches. I know the offense didn't give them much to work with in terms of resting time, but our defense was pretty much in the bottom 15 (of 124) of the FCS in most defensive stats last year. It's obvious we had a lot of problems, so some changes are probably warranted.
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:48 pm On the coaching change front:

Not a huge surprise. Nearly every team has a small amount of shifting of coaches every offseason, a few leave, a few new ones come in, etc. Also, looks like it's (so far) just been defensive coaches. I know the offense didn't give them much to work with in terms of resting time, but our defense was pretty much in the bottom 15 (of 124) of the FCS in most defensive stats last year. It's obvious we had a lot of problems, so some changes are probably warranted.
Blackmon still shows listed as WIU coach on his Twitter. Also as of late December he had tweets about players signing with WIU
meganeck

meganeck wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:21 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:48 pm On the coaching change front:

Blackmon still shows listed as WIU coach on his Twitter. Also as of late December he had tweets about players signing with WIU
On Blackmon's twitter it is now showing he is the DB coach for New Mexico, so good for him, can't complain about him taking a job with New Mexico.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Coach Deion Melvin is leaving to be the LB coach at the Saskatchewan Roughriders (Canadian Football League): https://www.riderville.com/2020/01/27/r ... ing-staff/
meganeck

Don't know if there is any truth to this but Javon Foy from Moline who walked on at Iowa at WR is leaving and according to someone on the Iowa message board might be heading to WIU. Just a name to look at for.
WIU2DC

meganeck wrote:Don't know if there is any truth to this but Javon Foy from Moline who walked on at Iowa at WR is leaving and according to someone on the Iowa message board might be heading to WIU. Just a name to look at for.
What’s U of Iowa’s website/message board. I’ve never been able to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xman

So, we've lost coach Howle now also, going back to Penn State.
meganeck

WIU2DC wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:37 pm
meganeck wrote:Don't know if there is any truth to this but Javon Foy from Moline who walked on at Iowa at WR is leaving and according to someone on the Iowa message board might be heading to WIU. Just a name to look at for.
What’s U of Iowa’s website/message board. I’ve never been able to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well the Iowa athletic website is hawkeyesports.com

a couple of Iowa sports message boards are Hawkeye nation & Hawkeye report.