Trace Brown, 6'2", 295lb DT/NG from Plainfield (IL) South HS
https://www.hudl.com/profile/9571813/Trace-Brown

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:Trace Brown, 6'2", 295lb DT/NG from Plainfield (IL) South HS

Looks like he has a ton of offers in D2, D3, NAIA, and a few prep schools. I didn’t see any other D1 offers. But his Twitter says he’s a 3 Image️?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:Couldn't find a lot of film on this kid, but what I saw he had quick hips and good closing speed. Had 3 offers as a Rivals 2 star DB out of HS. Hawaii, Sac St and Wyoming.
I just wanna know the selling point of “yeah you played in Hawaii... but now you can play in Macomb Illinois!” Haha.

GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:36 pm
GV Dad wrote:Couldn't find a lot of film on this kid, but what I saw he had quick hips and good closing speed. Had 3 offers as a Rivals 2 star DB out of HS. Hawaii, Sac St and Wyoming.
I just wanna know the selling point of “yeah you played in Hawaii... but now you can play in Macomb Illinois!” Haha.

MacVegas baby!!
GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 pm

Looks like he has a ton of offers in D2, D3, NAIA, and a few prep schools. I didn’t see any other D1 offers. But his Twitter says he’s a 3 Image️?

3 star by ERT, must be a small time recruiting service. There are several of them these days. He has no Rivals profile. My guess, is he's a PWO. Just a guess, no inside info. But he's a big body that moves pretty well. We need the depth on both lines. I'm hoping that we can still get a JUCO/Transfer NG though.
GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:35 pm

3 star by ERT, must be a small time recruiting service. There are several of them these days. He has no Rivals profile. My guess, is he's a PWO. Just a guess, no inside info. But he's a big body that moves pretty well. We need the depth on both lines. I'm hoping that we can still get a JUCO/Transfer NG though.
WIU2DC

Transfer from Marshall. But originally signed with U of Utah.

I think he will have 4 years of eligibility since this past season didn’t count.

Necks2003

Hopefully we can find a QB that doesn't have to stare down the primary receiver on every throw. That has to be one of the biggest QB deficiencies we have had ever since Norvell was no longer the starter. If we can't get a competitive QB for fall, this offense will continue to struggle and go consistently 3 and out like that have for the past 4 seasons. Coaches jobs should feel like they are on the line. Hopefully some drastic improvements are in process.
leatherneckcountry

Necks2003 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:13 am Hopefully we can find a QB that doesn't have to stare down the primary receiver on every throw. That has to be one of the biggest QB deficiencies we have had ever since Norvell was no longer the starter. If we can't get a competitive QB for fall, this offense will continue to struggle and go consistently 3 and out like that have for the past 4 seasons. Coaches jobs should feel like they are on the line. Hopefully some drastic improvements are in process.
Yeah I was pretty surprised to see Sampson 2nd team all conference.
WIU2DC

leatherneckcountry wrote:
Necks2003 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:13 am Hopefully we can find a QB that doesn't have to stare down the primary receiver on every throw. That has to be one of the biggest QB deficiencies we have had ever since Norvell was no longer the starter. If we can't get a competitive QB for fall, this offense will continue to struggle and go consistently 3 and out like that have for the past 4 seasons. Coaches jobs should feel like they are on the line. Hopefully some drastic improvements are in process.
Yeah I was pretty surprised to see Sampson 2nd team all conference.
It’s only because he throws the ball 40 times a game and he gets yards. However, I think we’d all rather wins than 500 yard passing games. If Missouri state and SIU can make themselves competitive we def should be able to get back to 5 years ago then.